Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spider forces family out of home

2 posters

Go down

Spider forces family out of home Empty Spider forces family out of home

Post by Lou Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:31 am

A soldier's family have been frightened out of their home by a spider thought to have been brought to Essex from Afghanistan in a kitbag.

Lorraine Griffiths and her three children have moved out of their house in Colchester, the RSPCA said.

They are refusing to return until the large sandy-coloured creature, thought to be a camel spider, is captured.

An RSPCA spokeswoman confirmed they had visited the house but failed to locate the creature.

"If it is the spider they believe it is, then normally they don't attack humans, but they could give a painful bite," the spokeswoman said.

Mrs Griffiths believes the spider got to the UK in a kitbag brought home in June by her husband, Rodney, 32, when he returned from Afghanistan.

He is now back there on a further tour of duty.

She said the spider was seen in her bedroom by her two elder children, aged 18 and 16, and an electrician working at their home.

"They identified the spider using the internet," she said.

Sorry but I think that's just plain stupid. Ok some people dont like spiders but to leave your house because of it is just sad. Christ her husband if out in Afghanistan fighting for his country, risking being killed every second of the day, and she's making a fuss over a spider and probably scaring the daylights out of her kids by her reaction to it No
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Spider forces family out of home Empty Re: Spider forces family out of home

Post by HiJo Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:34 am

I wouldn't really want to share my home with something that might "give a painful bite". I'm not keen on spiders and the description as "a large sandy coloured creature" made me shudder. And the name! Why camel? Cos it's got humps? Or it's as big as a camel? Aaargh.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down