Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mitchell Family

2 posters

Go down

The Mitchell Family Empty The Mitchell Family

Post by Lou Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:00 am

Yesterday I started a thread on the Mitchell sisters, but as we know the gremlins ate that one. So rather than try and remember it all I thought I'd incorporate it into a thread about the Mitchells in general and their appeal or lack of appeal.

Personally I dotn like the Mitchell sisters, I think Ronnie is the dullest character in the show, and her character is played with absolutely no emotion whatsoever from Samantha Janus. Roxy I feel is the better of the two, and could have been made slightly more interesting if she had had the opportunity to settle down with Sean for a reasonable length of time. Although that probably would never have happened even if Rob wasnt leaving....... a happy couple in a soap! whatever next. Laughing

Those of you that have known me a while know my love of the poisoned dwarf Peggy, her incessant meddling and poking her nose in where its not wanted irritates the life out of me Evil or Very Mad I honestly think her time has come, there's only so many times a person can say 'gerraoutta ma pub' Rolling Eyes

Phil has the most potential out of the Mitchells, perhaps with Archie a close second. But Phil is wasted on Suzy Branning who's another awful character and badly acted as well. I would like to see Phil and Archie teaming up to do some of the dodgy dealing that Phil and Grant used to get up to, Archie cant replace Grant, but I think he and Phil could work very nicely together, without the need of needy women holding them down.

Billy is a a bit on an enigma. He cant be highly irritating when he's on one of his 'woe is me' tirades, but then other times he's a really good character. Although now Honey has gone its hard to see what he can do really, he's not in the same league as Phil, which is why he's left out of the Mitchells so often.

Ben, well the actor is a bit cack, but I think he's supposed to be portraying a boy who's gone through a lot in his few years and has withdrawn from life, as opposed to Jay who's gone through pretty much the same but has rebelled against life. So Ben has potential to grow significantly IMHO.

Now do I copy and paste this just in case, cant be bothered typing all that again Laughing
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

The Mitchell Family Empty Re: The Mitchell Family

Post by HiJo Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:11 pm

Your mention of Grant made me realise just exactly what it is that's missing from the Mitchell line-up. When the Mitchell bruvs first appeared, Phil was the brains and Grant was the brawn but I think Grant would see through Archie while Phil's been completely fooled by him. I would love to see Grant back though not with Courtney who I found insufferably spoiled and annoying. I liked Ronnie and Roxy when they first appeared but I think all that potential has been wasted. Roxy is just another gobby mare, like there aren't enough of them in Walford, and Ronnie's robot impersonation has been getting out of hand. But I still think Ronnie is salvageable as long as they keep her away from Jack and the Mitchells. Obviously, her issues with her dad will have to be settled sooner or later but other than that she should stay away from them.

I can't bring myself to feel sorry for Peggy and her latest doomed love affair because she's such a pain. I want to see Archie cranking up his control freakery until Peggy's self-esteem is down the toilet. Her sense of superiority really needs to take a bashing and Archie's just the man to do it. Very Happy
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:47 pm

He certainly turned it up tonight :thumbs:
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:21 am

Lou wrote:He certainly turned it up tonight :thumbs:

Yes he did. It was quite surprising, he's been so subtle up till now. I wonder if he realises he's made a mistake, now that Pat's suspicious.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:31 am

The thing with those sort of people they can normally turn it up and down when they choose. So he might be a little more subtle now Pat has made a few comments, and then crack it up a notch or two once she's gone.

I cant understand why Peggy is falling for it really, Frank was supposedly the love of her life while they were together, and I cant imagine she's take that sort of thing from him.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down