Find Me A Family

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Find Me A Family

Post by lulu on Thu May 14, 2009 2:43 pm

Has anyone else been watching this 3parter this week? If so, I'd be interested to hear your views, as me n the husband have been discussing certain issues raised in these programmes and it's a good thing that we are not looking to adopt a child, otherwise we may end up in the same boat as Katie n Peter.
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Find Me A Family

Post by HiJo on Thu May 14, 2009 2:47 pm

I watched the first one and I wasn't at all sure I would have allowed that couple to adopt. All their concern was for the child they already had, they seemed to just want a playmate/sibling for her. While I understand their feelings, that their biological daughter must be happy with the decision, it wasn't a toy or a pet they were buying. It was a real live child with as many rights as their own child and yet everything seemed to centre round the biological child rather than the adopted one. It did seem to have a happy ending though, so maybe things will work out for them.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu on Thu May 14, 2009 2:55 pm

Last night it was a gay couple. You should have heard my husband going on! He doesn't think gays (men or women) should be allowed to adopt, but I think that if a child can be given a loving home, it's much better than being left in a children's home or with numerous foster carers.
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Thu May 14, 2009 2:58 pm

Haven't heard of this one.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

View user profile http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu on Thu May 14, 2009 3:01 pm

Its been on ch4. I think they're doing a full week on children in the care system. I think all the programmes are on at 9pm.
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Fri May 15, 2009 3:00 pm

I agree about gay adoptees, I think it's much better than leaving a child in a home. But I don't agree with over zealous social workers like the ones in Edinburgh who have taken two children from their grandparents and placed them with two gay men. The grandparents want the children back but it doesn't look like they're going to get them and some people think the Edinburgh social workers are just trying to fill a quota of gay adoptions.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top