Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Britain's oldest mum to be

4 posters

Go down

Britain's oldest mum to be Empty Britain''s oldest mum to be

Post by Lou Sun May 17, 2009 10:14 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1183432/Woman-Britain-8217-s-oldest-mum-66-world.html

Do you think you could have a baby at that age?

I don't think I would have the energy. I find myself feeling absolutely shattered by the end of the day as it is, never mind adding another 30 years on as well.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Britain's oldest mum to be Empty Re: Britain's oldest mum to be

Post by HiJo Sun May 17, 2009 11:44 am

It's disgusting. I'm all for helping people who can't have children but not someone of that age, it's so unfair on the baby. Why didn't she do it years ago? Even 56 is too old, but it's better than 66.

I just wouldn't have the patience. It amazes me when I look back and how much effort it all takes.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Sun May 17, 2009 4:25 pm

I don't think it's disgusting. I think she will find it very difficult being a first time mum at this age. I'm nowhere near her age, my children are grown, and I look forward to being a grandparent at some time hopefully in the near future. Sometimes life doesn't work out the way we would have planned it, we just have to do the best we can. I wish her and her baby a long and happy life.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Mon May 18, 2009 8:58 am

I don't mean to sound harsh but I'm afraid I find this woman extremely selfish. It's not as if she's longed for a baby all her life, she was 61 before she even tried IVF. It's society today, I want I want, therefore I must have. There's a reason why women can't get pregnant naturally at that age and a 70-year-old with a toddler is just obscene to me. However you look at it, it's not fair on the child.

The silly old bat claims to have been left emotionally exhausted by the IVF treatment, how emotionally exhausted is she going to be with a newborn baby or a toddler?
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Mon May 18, 2009 2:30 pm

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a good idea for mum or dad to be parents at this age, but she's going ahead and doing it, so we have to wish her well. Maybe she is selfish, aren't all parents? We usually decide to become parents,(or not) to suit our own lifestyles. Unlike a pregnant 16 year old, at least she has a lot to offer a child, and who's to say she won't live another 30 years?
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Tue May 19, 2009 3:47 am

For the baby's sake, I hope this woman doesn't live another 30 years. That little child will be Mum's carer because she has no partner and no other family. Who on earth is going to raise that baby if Mum dies while its still a child? Foster care isn't much of a future, whether Mum leaves you plenty of money or not. I think that whether Mum dies in the next five years or lives until the child is an adult, both things are bad news for that poor baby.

Lulu, why do you think all parents are selfish? If there were no parents the human race would die out. No
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Tue May 19, 2009 2:51 pm

I think parents are selfish because they want a child to slot neatly into their lifestyle when it suits them. Then you get the parents who don't bother with contraception, then hey presto there's a baby. Human beings are selfish, we have to be to survive.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Thu May 21, 2009 8:27 am

When I was first pregnant I read all the baby books and I honestly believed the baby would fit into our household with no disruption. If it didn't, you just weren't doing it properly.

No wonder my mum laughed at me.

:rofl:
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content