Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Britains worst motor

2 posters

Go down

Britains worst motor Empty Britains worst motor

Post by louastra Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:15 am

Austin Allegro has been voted 'Britains Worst Ever Car'

Its name may have been a moniker for 'fast, cheerful and lively', but the Austin Allegro has been declared 'Britain's Worst Car' in a poll.

The online poll, participated by over 4000 people, sought to find the worst ever product of Britain's once powerful car manufacturing industry.

The Allegro received 24% of the votes against nine other widely disliked UK manufactured models, including the Morris Ital, Hillman Imp and the Rover 200.

Despite being labelled the 'All-aggro' due to its poor build quality and the ability for its rear window to 'pop out', the 1970s British Leyland model played starring roles in TV classics like The Professionals, Doctor Who, The New Avengers, The Sweeney and more recently, Little Britain.

How can they be so mean, my Mum had 3 of them, the last one she had was a AppleJack green Sport version, with twin headlamps, it was the same colour as this picture, first car I ever drove in, we were in the fields, and I can remember she got a little worried as we were tearing along straight for the hedge. :rofl: Britains worst motor Mfcarugly1
louastra
louastra
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Britains worst motor Empty Re: Britains worst motor

Post by Lou Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:18 am

I'm sure my dad had one of those too, in purple
Lou
Lou