Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Animal cruelty

4 posters

Go down

Animal cruelty Empty Animal cruelty

Post by HiJo Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:28 am

Reports say there's always an increase of animal cruelty during the summer months esp during the school holidays. My sis in law, who is a huge animal lover, was so upset by this story in her local paper. A man walking his dog noticed a canvas bag bobbing about in the canal, so he fished it out and found it contained a cat and some bricks. The next week there were a lot of letters to the paper, people expressing outrage and saying "why would someone do this, if you have a pet you don't want there are plenty of shelters who will take it in and try to rehome it". Then the following week another letter from the owners of the cat. It was a much loved family pet, microchipped too, and when it didn't come home in the evening as it usually does the family went out to look for it. Phoned the police to see if it had been handed in (this was confirmed by the police) and printed off posters to stick on lamp posts. Then they read this in the paper and it turns out to be their pet.

Is it just me, or is that even worse? Bad enough that someone would rid themselves of an unwanted pet in such a fashion, but so much worse to think that some evil b%"*&$£ had deliberately picked up someone's pet off the street in order to drown it for fun. It makes my skin crawl to think there are people like this walking the streets.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Animal cruelty Empty Re: Animal cruelty

Post by Lou Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:53 am

We had a cat years ago that went missing for about a week. Then one night I heard scratching under my bed (it was one of those with a cupboard underneath).

The cat was in the very far corner and it was a struggle to slide in and get her out (I was a teenager at the time so just ever so slightly thinner!). When we did she was covered in cuts so we thought she's been in a fight with another cat. We rushed her off to the vets and he said it wasnt a fight, she's been cut 15 times with a knife, and was covered in urine, so the people (and I use that term loosely) had peed on her afterwards Sad
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by louastra Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:20 am

That`s so awful Lou, sorry to hear. Shocked Mad

Did you ever find out what scumsters did it?
louastra
louastra
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 622

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:44 am

No we never did, it had probably happened days before the vet said, because the cuts were infested with maggots Sad The vet said shje'd probably gone under the bed because animals like to find a safe place to die Sad
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:51 pm

Did the cat survive? It's appalling. Evil or Very Mad
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:30 pm

No she didnt, the vet said she was too far gone Sad
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by louastra Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:57 pm

Sad
louastra
louastra
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 622

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:02 pm

That's so sad. I remember when I was a kid a gang of morons that lived near my cousin poured petrol down a kitten's mouth, set fire to the poor thing and threw it off a railway bridge. I can't even begin to imagine how anyone could do something so cruel and probably get some kick out of doing so. But I shouldn't be surprised by it - worse things are done to humans. There are some sick people out there........
Bob
Bob

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down