Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mother sees family die

3 posters

Go down

Mother sees family die Empty Mother sees family die

Post by HiJo Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:08 am

A woman saw her husband and three children fall to their deaths while climbing near Mont Blanc, Europe's highest peak, Italian rescuers said.
The 56-year-old man, who was roped to his son and two daughters, plunged 1,600ft down a slope of rock, ice and snow as their mother watched from below, said Oscar Tajola, head of the mountain rescue corps in the nearby town of Courmayeur.
"We had to take her to hospital because she was in shock," Mr Tajola said by telephone. "We think one of them slipped and pulled the others down."
The 50-year-old woman was later released from hospital and identified the bodies of her husband and her children, aged 17 to 23, police in the ski-resort town said.

The poor woman, how would you ever get over that? All of them gone. Sad
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Mother sees family die Empty Re: Mother sees family die

Post by Lou Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:43 am

I dont know how they manage, but somehow people do get over things like that, I dont think I could though.

There was a family at my sons school whose father and son went walking on Morecambe Bay sands a few years back. The water races back in there and lots of people get caught out, and they did. The boy sat on his fathers shoulders and phoned the coast guard, but they just couldnt find them in time. The tape of the 999 call was played at the inquest, it must have been awful for the mother to hear the moment they both died Sad But she has managed to move on, probably having a daughter still alive helped.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Mother sees family die Empty Re: Mother sees family die

Post by louastra Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:15 am

Very sad Sad
louastra