Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday 6th March

3 posters

Go down

Friday 6th March Empty Friday 6th March

Post by Sally Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:55 am

I still like Graeme but found him a bit stalker-ish in last night's eppy. I was glad to see a return of the old Tina when she more or less told him to clear off. Now she needs to say the same thing to Gary Windass. She cannot get together with him, he's awful.

Something else awful was Ken and Martha's kiss. It's unbelievable that such a beautiful intelligent woman would have fallen for this rather stuffy unattractive man. It'll all end in tears and I hope they're Ken's when Blanche finds out. She'll give him a harder time than Deirdre will.

Becky and Hayley made me laugh, with Hayley trying to steer Becky towards something tasteful in wedding dresses, and not managing it. She wants diamante, sequins and feathers :rofl: It was nice to see Liz softening a bit towards Becky. She really has no right to poke fun at her or her chavvy wedding dress, Liz is a bit of a chav herself.

I'm a bit concerned about the age difference between Norris and Mary, if they go away together they'll look like a dad with his daughter. I didn't realise Norris was 69, he looks good for his age. Mary still looks much younger though.

Good for Leanne, telling Peter to get lost too. What a prat he is, he'll never grow up. Trying to lie his way out of it before finally having to admit the truth bit by bit, especially such a short time after telling her he wants a baby with her. Like father like son.

Have I covered more than one day's episodes? An awful lot seems to have happened. Laughing
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Friday 6th March Empty Re: Friday 6th March

Post by Lou Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:13 am

I didn't get to see the very end, but Becky and Hayley made me laugh. Why shouldn't Becky get a big flouncy dress, she's waited long enough. Liz needs to look at her own wardrobe before criticising Becky, there's mutton dressed as lamb if ever I saw it.

Typical Peter No, couldn't he think of anything better than 'do I know you?' when he first saw that woman Rolling Eyes

I must have missed the bit with Ken and Martha, but I can't see why anyone would fall for Ken, he's hardly wonderful lively company.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:10 am

Last time I watched Corrie, I noticed Beverley Callard who plays Liz had put on a lot of weight. I have an exercise video of hers and she was in fantastic shape. I used it for ages but never looked as good as she did then (and never will). They make her wear the most awful clothes, far too tight. Right for the character I suppose, but soul-destroying for the actress.

It's what I like about the Brit soaps though, women like Liz, Deirdre, Eileen and Rita could all do with losing a bit of weight, just like the rest of us.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:06 pm

I'd prefer they didn't lose a lot of weight though. I know it's unhealthy to have bit of excess weight, but it's also normal. There aren't many women who are a size zero, an TBH I dont think there should be. Showing normal people should be appreciated not condemned. (Not that it would be here.)
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:47 am

Corrie's much better at the overweight people than EE is. OK, EE does have Pat and Mo whose weight isn't a huge issue (and even men like Minty and Charlie) but they also have Heather the Fat Clown, or the male version Barry the Fat Clown. I don't know anyone who stuffs their face like Heather does, with food running down their chin, or like Barry did with the pie-eating contest and I'm glad Corrie's got nobody like that. I think Corrie having Steve McDonald, an attractive(ish) young(ish) bloke with a beer belly, is just very realistic. And so is middle-aged spread, mores the pity. Laughing
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:38 am

I actually do think Steve is attractive because he makes me laugh. He has a laid-back sense of humour. Not husband material, though. Laughing
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down