Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abandoned Baby

2 posters

Go down

Abandoned Baby Empty Abandoned Baby

Post by HiJo Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:07 am

The mother of a newborn baby girl found abandoned in a school playing field has been found, police said.
Bedfordshire Police said the teenage mother contacted police following their appeal to trace her.

The baby was less than three hours old when it was abandoned at Daubeney Middle School in Kempston, Bedford.
A police spokeswoman said the baby was unclothed, apart from the pink blanket she was wrapped in.
The child was also partially covered by twigs and leaves in a "deserted" part of the field.
Police initially thought the baby had been found by three teenage boys, but later revealed it was a boy and girl, both aged 16, who made the discovery.
They took her to Bedford Hospital South Wing where nurses named her Chloe.

I don't know how old the mother was, teenage could mean anything from 13-year-old child to an adult woman. But my sympathy for her lessened on reading that the baby wasn't left somewhere she would be found easily. It looks like Mum not only left her in a place where nobody was likely to walk by, but actually tried to cover her up to hide her. And naked except for a blanket in the coldest part of the year. Most abandoned babies are left where they will be quickly found.

Very nice that they've been reunited, but social workers better make damn sure they're doing the right thing in keeping this particular mum and baby together, in my opinion.
Sad
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Abandoned Baby Empty Re: Abandoned Baby

Post by Lou Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:56 am

I know its a stressful time for a youngster, but honestly in this day and age there is no excuse for leaving a baby to die (except if the mother has mental problems perhaps).

There is enough education in schools for accidental pregnancies not to occur in the first place, but accidents happen and there is help available from many quarters for teenage parents.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down