Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shot Baby Dies

3 posters

Go down

Shot Baby Dies Empty Shot Baby Dies

Post by Lou Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:39 am

An 18-month-old boy who was shot with an airgun in his Birmingham home has died in hospital.

Rashid Ullah was shot in the garden of his home in Washwood Heath on 24 August.

His five-year-old sister accidentally shot him after picking up the airgun, which her father had been using for target practice, his grandfather said.

The boy, who was being treated at Birmingham Children's Hospital, died on Monday afternoon, police said.

West Midlands Police have called the incident a "tragic accident".

Family warning

"Rashid was injured after he sustained a pellet wound in his head from an air weapon while he was in his garden," a police spokesman said.

The toddler was left in a critical condition after the incident and surgeons had been waiting for the swelling to go down before they could remove the pellet.

After Rahid was injured, his family released a statement which said: "We hope anyone who has an air weapon realises how dangerous these guns can be."

The boy's grandfather, Bakht Rammand, said after the incident that Rashid was "an active kid", who was close to his sister.

What a shame, I read about it the day he was shot, but now the poor little mite has died. I hope the little girl doesnt realise what's happened and she's never told what she did because it wasnt her fault at all Sad
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Shot Baby Dies Empty Re: Shot Baby Dies

Post by louastra Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:30 pm

Very sad, just goes to show what harm they can do.
Crying or Very sad
louastra
louastra
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:45 pm

It's a terrible tragedy for the whole family but of course the guilt will lie with whichever adult left the airgun within the kiddies reach. I hate the things, I do. They're treated like toys, and just as easy to get, with sick adolescents taking potshots at the neighbourhood cats. Time they were banned. Evil or Very Mad
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down