Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mother killed in pub argument

3 posters

Go down

Mother killed in pub argument Empty Mother killed in pub argument

Post by Lou Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:59 pm

A teenager is under arrest on suspicion of hurling a glass bottle which killed a mother-of-three as she enjoyed a Christmas drink in a crowded pub.

The 19-year-old was held today, hours after Emma O'Kane, was killed after the bottle shattered against a pillar and a shard of glass stuck in her neck, cutting her throat.

Emma, 27, was enjoying Boxing Night celebrations when she was the innocent victim of an argument involving a man who had been refused entry to the pub.

Shortly before 2am, the man threw a bottle into the Queen Anne Hotel in Heywood, Greater Manchester, which hit a pillar and smashed into pieces.

Ms O'Kane had been standing at the bar with friends when she was hit in the neck by a shard of glass and collapsed, police said.

She was taken to Fairfield Hospital but was pronounced dead.

OMG! What an awful thing to happen Crying or Very sad

Whilst you've got to feel most sorry for the family of Ms O'Kane, I also feel a little sorry for the lad, he went on a night out and had a fight, and accidentally kills someone, he must be gutted.

Yet another reason to raise the drinking age as far as I'm concerned. I dont think people are ale to rationalise how much they drink until they are at least 25.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Mother killed in pub argument Empty Re: Mother killed in pub argument

Post by lulu Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:38 pm

How awful for all concerned. I don't think it's an age thing though Lou, I know people who go out and get totally off their heads in their 40s,50s n 60s.
When I go out, (which isn't often),I drink wine, and they tend to serve them in huge vases. I drink what I can, (but can never keep up with the others), then I go home a happy drunk. I just love everyone, But maybe you've got a point because in my 20s I was just as likely to pick a fight.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:34 am

What a terrible thing to happen. I'm sure it won't be murder, it was a freak accident fuelled by booze with no real attempt to hurt anybody. But that young woman is still dead because of something that boy did. Tragic. Sad
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down