Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday 22nd August

2 posters

Go down

Friday 22nd August Empty Friday 22nd August

Post by Lou Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:41 pm

What is it about the people of Albert Square who think that money solves everything?

You've got Ian Beale throwing money at his family everytime theres a crisis and thinking it'll solve everything. And now Max thinks that £40k will make up for missing his entire childhood. No money in the world could even knock the tip of the iceberg off the hurt he caused by staying away. Then Bianca starts with her 'I'd do anything' speech, as if money could turn her into anything half decent.
I hope Bradley hasn't followed Bianca's advice to lie to Stacey (because omitting to say something so important is exactly the same as lying), and if he has then he deserves everything that he has coming. He would be no better than Max, lying and sneaking behind his wife's back, what is it about men!!

And if there was ever any doubts about what a bitch Dawn is, she certainly confirmed them tonight. What a nasty cow, to ignore her parents, who've done absolutely nothing wrong, just because they're not glamour models is disgusting.

So one dinner party, one hug and Lucifer is suddenly Saint Lucy wanting to go to the gym with Jane, nah I dont buy it at all.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Friday 22nd August Empty Re: Friday 22nd August

Post by HiJo Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:38 pm

Well Lou we've been vindicated on the stance we've taken all along on Dawn, she proved tonight what a total bitch she is. Libby was absolutely right in why nobody wants to go to the wedding, they just don't like Dawn. What was she like, whining about the honeymoon, then whining about the big house Jase "promised" her? Selfish selfish selfish. I could say the same for Roxy. We've seen her praised to the skies but here she was once again behaving in character, making fun of Billy's new job as a roadsweeper. She's a silly tart who is lucky enough to have rich relatives. Nothing to admire there at all.

I liked Christian tonight, finally realising he's no longer a teenager and that if he doesn't get his act together he's going to be one of those sad old men who end up alone. IMO he's already sad if he honestly misses Lucy and liked to pretend she was his daughter. We've seen nothing of Lucy to indicate she's good company or the kind of girl anyone would want for a daughter, so what's to miss?

Hairdo of the eppy has to go to Terrence. She was very pretty with her bunches in. Laughing

And Max encouraging Bradley to lie to his wife. Way to go, Max. Rolling Eyes That disgusting wink behind Stacey's back was just pure slime, what a hideous character he is. Since he's been putting that money aside for Bradley for the past twenty years (or so he says) you'd wonder why he didn't use some of it to hire a solicitor and get access to his child? Could it be that he just didn't care? Surely not.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:52 pm

What I'd like to know is did Tanya know about the money? IF not then he's been squirreling away about £1500-£1700 a year for Bradley. Fair enough it was for his son, but if he was hiding it, and Tanya has never mentioned it......in a 'what about putting the same away for Lauren and Abi' type of conversation and then Oscar when he came along........then its just another big fat lie that Max has been living all these years.

Hijo wrote:Well Lou we've been vindicated on the stance we've taken all along on Dawn, she proved tonight what a total bitch she is.
Ahh the truth will cometh Very Happy TBH I cant see how anyone could have thought of Dawn as anything but a gold digger, who put money before anything....friends, family even her own child.... if it cant be bought she's not interested, and she's never cared who she's hurt to get what she wants. Prime example being the breast cancer scam, poor Rosie thought she had cancer, yet she didnt even tell her own mum not to worry it was a false alarm, she just lapped up the money.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:21 pm

Something else that I've just recalled, since when was Jean so dependant on Stacey?

A couple or so months ago she live in a council flat all on her lonesome, yet now we're supposed to believe that she can manage with Stacey only a brick width away? Do the writers think we are stupid?

Well they must, because its the longest repair to a council flat that there's ever been Rolling Eyes
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:47 pm

Another day when I need my head screwing on to remember it Laughing

Yes I agree Hijo, Christian is definitely having some sort of crisis of faith, I think it was more to do with Ian asking him when was the last time he'd woken up with someone he cared about.

I like Christian, so I must admit I feel sorry for him, he's been substituting sex for love for so long the boundaries have blurred, and he maybe thought Lucy opening up to him was a sign of being loved not used.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:34 am

Jean Slater is still imo far too annoying a character. Her silly facial expressions and jerky movements and her dependence on Stacey which is just a cover for a rather selfish nature, it all combines to make her completely unlikeable to me. I think the writers have forgotten that Jean's stay at Chez Slater was temporary, not a word has been said about her own flat. And like Lou says, how come she managed to live on her own all that time now she can't manage even when there are two other adults (Mo and Charlie) in the house with her? I really wish they'd just send her back to where she came from, but I wonder if she's here to show a softer side to Stacey's nature? If Stacey's going to become a Kat clone again and start knocking boots with Vinnie's son (I predict this is going to happen when she finds out about the Bradley/Max conspiracy about the money) then she's going to look like a hard faced cow. Her caring nature towards Jean might be necessary to temper that.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down