Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

109 year old complains about Queens outfit

2 posters

Go down

109 year old complains about Queens outfit Empty 109 year old complains about Queens outfit

Post by Lou Tue May 12, 2009 12:13 pm

A 109-year-old woman wrote to the Queen to complain about the birthday cards she received and Prince William turned up by surprise to apologise.

Catherine Masters from Oxfordshire wrote to say the Queen was wearing the same outfit in each of the five congratulatory cards she had received.

The Prince visited Ms Masters at her nursing home and said his grandmother would change her outfit this year.

The two chatted over tea after Ms Masters got over her "total shock".

The great-grandmother told the Prince the Queen needed to find some new outfits.

Wendy Mead, a senior nurse manager at the Grange care centre in Stanford in the Vale, said she was not expecting the Royal visit.

"We received a call and within five minutes, Prince William had arrived," she said.

"It was a total shock, and Catherine was speechless. Prince William came in and she asked if he was real. She squeezed his hand to check."

They chatted about the Prince's great-grandmother, the Badminton horse trials and his cooking.

"He told her he liked making shepherd's pie and said he used a masher to mash the potatoes, but she told him he was doing it wrong - he should use a fork to fluff the potatoes," Ms Mead said.

Catherine Masters has now been invited to a garden party with the Queen at Buckingham Palace on 7 July.

"She's off to buy a new dress and hat," Wendy added

What a nice story, good to hear the royal family doing something nice for ordinary people. I bet that visit made her year :thumbs:
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

109 year old complains about Queens outfit Empty Re: 109 year old complains about Queens outfit

Post by HiJo Tue May 12, 2009 2:32 pm

It's actually quite sweet, isn't it? I know it's good publicity for William, but it did make the old lady's day or year probably Laughing

But a big thumbs down to whoever sends out these cards. Surely they could send a different card each year? How difficult is it to just issue a new card on 1st January? If the queen sends Christmas cards, does she send the same card every year? I think not.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

109 year old complains about Queens outfit Empty Re: 109 year old complains about Queens outfit

Post by Lou Tue May 12, 2009 2:51 pm

I guess they think at that age people won't remember which one they got the year before Laughing
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Wed May 13, 2009 6:09 am

Lou wrote:I guess they think at that age people won't remember which one they got the year before Laughing

:rofl:

Well they were wrong.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down