Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monday 27th April

3 posters

Go down

Monday 27th April Empty Monday 27th April

Post by Sally Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:21 am

I don't usually associate poignancy with the Barlows but that scene with Ken and Deirdre in the sitting room really moved me. It really was like watching a marriage die, Deirdre oblivious of Ken's facial expression as she roared with laughter at a rather unfunny comedy on the television. That's exactly the kind of thing that leads to divorce. Rather than sensationalist storylines and bedhopping, it's the realisation that you no longer have anything in common with your spouse. Well done Corrie.

The bigger storyline, the revelation about Colin, didn't have the same affect on me as the Barlow scenes. Would Rita really accept a proposal of marriage like that? She's the most awful judge of men, Len Fairclough had another woman, Alan Bradley tried to kill her, now this one is a paedophile. She'd be better off marrying Norris. Shocked
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Monday 27th April Empty Re: Monday 27th April

Post by Lou Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:48 am

What were Eileen and Becky making out of those cocktail sausages in the pub Laughing

Loved Betty's take on the proposal, 'Couldn't be doing with it!' 'Sharing the telly' Laughing That's exactly how I feel Very Happy.

Ken and Deirdre reminded me of me and the kids, everytime I try to read they start creating Laughing. Although it is indicative of their relationship, and has been for years.

The reveal was a bit OTT, I don't think many people would shout it out in the pub like that.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:48 am

Just realised there was a lot of chuckling in that post !
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:21 pm

Chuckling's good. I felt very sad for Deidre in that scene, it just showed how far apart they had become and she was oblivious.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down