Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thursday 26th Feb

4 posters

Go down

Thursday 26th Feb Empty Thursday 26th Feb

Post by Lou Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:03 pm

Good episode tonight.

When the Masoods are given serious story lines they always pull them off to perfection. I love Mas finally getting annoyed at Zainab, just before Tamwar confessed. And great to finally find out why Syed has been so illusive.

I also like Jane and Tanya finally doing stuff most friends do, its always amazed me than none of the women in the square just had girlie nights in with a bottle or two of wine. Finally they are starting to show people being normal (its taken long enough) Shocked

Pity Ian and his whinging about making 40 spoiled what would have been an excellent episode.

Last edited by Lou on Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Thursday 26th Feb Empty Re: Thursday 26th Feb

Post by al32 Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:20 pm

Really good episode, finally things are starting to pick up again. Best scene for me was between Zainab and Masood in the kitchen, they acted thier socks off. I also understand why Zainab has to keep on going back to her son unconditional love and all...

Lou it's Thursday's ep today. Smile
al32
al32

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:08 pm

:doh: One of those days Laughing
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:18 pm

I loved the kitchen scenes with the Masoods shouting at each other. The lad who plays Tamwar deserves a special mention, standing there in the background stiff-armed and distressed. It was brilliant. And we're finally finding out about Syed, even before we set eyes on him we know he's dodgy. Mas forbidding Zainab to contact him, her promise, then breaking that promise. I don't know who I felt most sorry for. Mas was right, Syed knows where they are and has made no attempt to return the money. But Zainab's a mother. She won't know peace of mind till she's got her chick back under her wing.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:16 am

I thought it was the best episode in ages. I'm so glad the Masoods aren't just comedy characters. Mas actually ordering Zainab not to contact Syed was very realistic. For all the henpecked routine, it's true that in most Muslim families the man is still the head. So it was believable to see Mas doing that and to see Zainab backing down. Even if that was only temporary, I believe she meant it at the time.
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down