Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inspector Jack Frost

2 posters

Go down

Inspector Jack Frost Empty Inspector Jack Frost

Post by HiJo Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:41 am

Sir David Jason has announced he will be leaving ITV crime drama 'A Touch of Frost'. The 68-year-old actor - who has been playing Detective Inspector Jack Frost for the past 16 years - confirmed he will be retiring because his character is "the oldest detective on British television". He said: "You wouldn't want me to play Frost in a wheelchair, would you?

"Frost is getting a little long in the tooth. I still enjoy doing it and it's a great part but I just think he's got to retire. It'll be a sad day."

The actor also revealed he is unsure whether the character will be killed off or will simply retire, and added he already has his next project in the pipeline - a black comedy/drama for ITV entitled 'Albert Memorial'.

Sir David will be appearing in three new episodes of the crime drama which will be aired on ITV next month, and will also shoot a final two-parter episode to be broadcast next year.

He teased: "Perhaps he just retires gracefully, gets the gold watch and walks away - tears all round. Maybe he just hangs up his hat."

I can't believe this has been on the telly for 16 years, I remember when it started Shocked Doesn't time fly? Laughing

I do like David Jason but he's right, Frost would be retired by now. I'd like to see him find a nice cosy widow to settle down with. Very Happy . Don't kill him off!
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Inspector Jack Frost Empty Re: Inspector Jack Frost

Post by Lou Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:12 am

Wow 16 years! I love Frost, and watched it right from the start, it'll be a shame to see him go, but then they all have to at some point.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down