Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday 19th June

3 posters

Go down

Friday 19th June Empty Friday 19th June

Post by HiJo Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:20 pm

I thought Lacey Turner was so good tonight but still managed to get annoyed by Stacey crying over Bradley. She doesn't want him, she's made that perfectly clear, so what was all that about? Jean continued to irritate and be as useful as a chocolate teapot. Peggy annoyed me with her nosiness about Jack and Ronnie's relationship. Those girls really do mean the world to her, that's why she threw Ronnie out of the Vic when she still thought Archie was her knight in shining armour. Rolling Eyes

No Manda or Minty, but unfortunately Garry and Dawn are still around.

Still don't care about Chelsea. Hope she's gone for good.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Friday 19th June Empty Re: Friday 19th June

Post by Lou Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:17 pm

I think Stacey has always been the 'I cant have it so I want it type', and it's nothing to do with bi polar, it's just Stacey's nature.

Now you know that Peggy is my favourite character silent I won't have a word said against her interfering, busybodying hypocrisy :rofl:

Both Libby and Whitney were dress awfully for their ages tonight, or maybe it's just a north/south thing, because neither look like kids of that age round here.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:34 pm

Meant to say, I didn't put Zainab down as being homophobic, but then I guess I would say her religion is a lot stricter than CoE. I guess I'd be homophobic if I truly followed the Catholic religion.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:41 am

I agree, I think it's the religion more than Zainab herself. Despite being westernised in so many ways (like poor old Mas not really being the head of the household) I think Zainab's religion means a lot to her. That's why she was perfectly OK with Christian until he began flaunting his sexuality. I thought that was a wonderful scene, Bushra stunned into silence before muttering "your poor mother", and Christian's shocked face.

Quite surprised Bushra went on to book Masala Queen for the July functions though. That definitely didn't ring true, a woman like that would simply have gone to a different catering company. It's not like London is short of them. In fact, it was unrealistic that she hadn't, by late June, already booked the company for July. She'd be lucky to get one, they're all involved in summer weddings and booked up months in advance.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:01 am

I thought Stacey was just so sad and lost but I'm afraid a lot of scenes were ruined for me by Gillian Wright's portrayal of Jean. Perhaps it needs to be made clearer that all Jean's problems are not down to her bipolar condition, but more because that's just the way Jean is. She is self-centred and incapable of acting in an adult fashion. I have no sympathy for Jean and the scenes where she broke down in tears just made me angrier. There is help there if they need it, but Jean is determined not to ask for help. She knows she can't even organise herself far less her very sick daughter, but she's still blocking any medical help Stacey could have. Jean is a lot more devious than people give her credit for, she lies with ease.
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down