Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expenses

4 posters

Go down

Expenses Empty Expenses

Post by HiJo Sat May 09, 2009 2:26 pm

The latest revelations about the expenses claimed by our MPs has outraged them. Not the cheating and the fraud and the greed, but the fact that whoever leaked the information has committed a criminal act. They should be ashamed of themselves but I doubt they know the meaning of the word. :wall:
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Expenses Empty Re: Expenses

Post by Lou Sat May 09, 2009 2:31 pm

I was reading a thread on another forum about the expenses and I agree with what one person wrote.

It's disgusting that nurses for instance have to pay to park at the hospital, yet MPs can claim for absolutely everything No

They should be outraged at the fact that most of them screw the system for everything.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Mon May 11, 2009 3:31 am

The £100 a week they can claim for food just shocked me. With the money they earn, they can well afford to buy their own food, especially now we know some of them live a short train journey from work yet still claim second home allowance and all the rest of it.

They're all to blame, none of the parties look good now they've been exposed. Who are we supposed to vote for?
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:47 pm

All sorts of new expenses claims have just made the news today. They are just like pigs with their snouts in the trough. It is our money they are stealing. How on earth can you claim morgage expenses when you haven't got a bloody mortgage?
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:54 pm

I'm just listening to Question Time and they're trying to justify themselves (badly). One MP even claimed 1p for a phone call, it's like someone in the audience said, they're just screwing the country for every penny they can.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:31 pm

Fantastic news that some of them are being investigated by the Met. That's absolutely what should happen. If there are no ifs and buts for benefit cheats, then these people should not be allowed to get away with "it was an honest mistake, guv". They're criminals and should be treated as such.

The whole thing happened because some of them thought they were above the law, untouchable.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:24 pm

I hope the police aren't just doing it as a publicity stunt, and then cover it all up. Like you say Jo benefits cheats are taken to court, there's no excuses for 'oops I made a mistake' as well there shouldn't be (hmm the grammar is lacking there lol), so there should be no excuse for MPs.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:46 am

That's my worry too, Lou. That the police are going along with the public mood but when feelings aren't running so high the people being investigated will get off with a slap on the wrists. They might have to leave their Westminster jobs, but they'll all turn up again as "directors" or "consultants" to big companies, raking in a 6-figure salary. Evil or Very Mad
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: