Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Cameron

5 posters

Go down

David Cameron Empty David Cameron

Post by HiJo Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:04 am

So sad to hear about the death of 6-year-old Ivan Cameron. I'm not a fan of David Cameron (and I've often felt that he used that little boy for publicity) but I am sorry at this loss. I'm sure Gordon Brown will sympathise, having suffered the same loss himself.

Last edited by HiJo on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

David Cameron Empty Re: David Cameron

Post by Lou Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:24 pm

I heard about this earlier, and even though he's been ill since he was born, this was all very sudden. A terrible shame for any parent, just shows that money and power can't buy you the most important things in life Sad
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:23 pm

I'm not particularly impressed by any of the politiciians at the moment. I'm not sure I agree with you Jo when you say David Cameron used his son for publicity. He was, and always will be, part of his family, so why should he not be shown as such? We also want our politicians to be in touch with the issues that affect the electorate, I definitely think he understands more than most politicians about the role of the NHS when it comes to children's health care.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:09 am

It's probably just me being an old cynic, but the Blair family made me sick. Tony and Cherie didn't hesitate to use their kids when it suited them, wheeling them out for photo ops or getting freebies of childrens clothes, etc. Then when they were asked if Leo had been given the MMR vaccine they started whining about privacy. IMO you can't have it both ways. If you use your children for publicity, you can't suddenly go all shy when awkward questions are asked.

David Cameron has actually been accused publicly of using his children in this way too, especially Ivan. What better vote catcher could there be than the devoted dad gently cradling his sick little boy? You'd need a heart of stone not to be moved by the pics of Ivan's sweet little face.

The problem is, I don't know David Cameron personally. I may be unfair to think the way I do, in fact I really hope I'm wrong. Cos until fairly recently, children like Ivan were hidden away in shame, so to see him being included in all family activities is great. Also, the photos in today's paper show Cameron and his wife looking grief-stricken. I'm sure that's not an act.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by louastra Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:38 am

I quite like David Cameron, he might be a politician, but he has feelings, and can be upset just like anyone would in the same situation, so the death of his Son will be very upsetting. My heart goes out to him, and his family.
louastra
louastra
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:20 am

Mine too. How awful for them. Sad
Sally
Sally