Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Elections

3 posters

Go down

American Elections Empty American Elections

Post by Lou Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:13 pm

I will be soooo glad when they are over. I know they reckon that it affects the rest of the world, but does the average person really care what a bunch of big mouthed yanks do? Yes it will be an historical event if a black man becomes president (although plenty of other countries have managed it already, why do the yanks think they are the first for everything Rolling Eyes ), but do we have to listen to it on every news bulletin, Brits cant affect the result, so why not just give us the result in the first news bulletin after its finished.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

American Elections Empty Re: American Elections

Post by HiJo Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:16 am

I'm fed up hearing about it. The razzamatazz they have over there is ridiculous, it's not as if it always leads to them having a competent president anyway. It'll take days for the results to come in, then more days of analysing it all. All we should be told is who has won. Nothing else about it matters.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:22 am

Listening to some of the Americans last night made me laugh. A few of them didnt even know the names of the ones they wanted to vote, one women kept saying Pulin, Pelin.....errr, I expected her to say Putin next Laughing

What has really bugged me through the whole thing is the 'historic day, the first black president'. Why are Americans so insular? There have been plenty of other black presidents around the world before, and even if you discount 99.9% of them, the one and only truly historic black president is Nelson Mandela.

Obama has won in a mixed race/culture country, Mandela managed it in a country where (even at the time he won) if you weren't white, you weren't right
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:50 am

I'm just glad it's all over.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:25 am

I'm very glad McCain didn't get in but I absolutely loathe the hype the Americans surround their elections with. It's not showbiz, however glitzy they make it. Mad
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: