Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It was too late for the Mortons

3 posters

Go down

It was too late for the Mortons Empty It was too late for the Mortons

Post by Lou Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:09 am

Coronation Street producer Kim Crowther has revealed that some of the axed Morton family could make a return to Weatherfield next year.

Kim, who assumed one of the show's central roles in November last year, explained that it was "too late" to save the family from the axe.

Speaking exclusively to DS, she said: "We had a big story for the Mortons (the poisoning) but I think they had been too long on screen without a story and so people were saying 'Who are they?' and 'What's their purpose?' I actually think that since Teresa came in - played by Karen Henthorn - they suddenly started to make sense. But unfortunately, we felt it was too late."

She added: "That doesn't mean we won't see any of them again - some of them I'm hoping to bring back - but I think it's really hard to establish such a big family all at once."

The Morton clan comprised Jerry (Michael Starke), Mel (Emma Edmondson), Kayleigh (Jessica Bardon) and Finlay (Ramone Quinn). Darryl, however, was handed a reprieve in August due to his established connections with the Platt family.

Maybe they should think about things in advance. I would have thought that storylines would be already thought out before bringing in new families to any soap.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

It was too late for the Mortons Empty Re: It was too late for the Mortons

Post by lulu Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:43 am

The sedret to staying in a soap is obviously to get youself attached to an already well established character or family. Keep in with the writers and you're laughing. I'm sure it's not as simple as that though
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:37 am

I didn't hate the Mortons and I thought it was a shame they got the push so quickly. I wouldn't mind seeing them back.
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:58 am

Whenever I saw Jerry(Micky Starke) on screen, I just saw Sinbad, the character he played in Brookside. I quite like the family, it's a shame they're going, especially Teresa.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:01 am

Yeah I always saw Sinbad as well Laughing I think the producers had decided to axe them while the granddad and the eldest daughter were still there, but once they'd gone the family dynamic changed and they improved 100%.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down