Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Human milk

2 posters

Go down

Human milk Empty Human milk

Post by HiJo Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:06 pm

Those crazy kids at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals are always coming up with "so-insane-they-might-just-work" schemes to save the creatures of the universe. Since many involve nude protesting, we can't help but support them. Their most recent idea, however, is much, much harder to get behind.

PETA has asked the makers of Ben & Jerry's ice cream to replace the cow milk used in the company's ice cream with human breast milk.

"The fact that human adults consume huge quantities of dairy products made from milk that was meant for a baby cow just doesn't make sense," PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman says. "Everyone knows that 'the breast is best,' so Ben & Jerry's could do consumers and cows a big favor by making the switch to breast milk."

As much as we agree that "the breast is best," we're having trouble imagining an assembly line of lactating ladies making our Chunky Monkey.

I think PETA do good work but this is silly. Considering how much milk Ben & Jerry use each day, the logistics of finding the thousands of women necessary would make your head spin. I suppose it's strange that a lot of people would feel disgust at eating deep frozen breast milk, but think nothing of taking milk from a cow which has dubious hygiene. Laughing
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Human milk Empty Re: Human milk

Post by Lou Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:51 pm

I've got to admit the thought of eating or drinking milk for a human makes me feel queasy. Whereas cows milk is fine.

Maybe because consuming anything from a human if subconsciously the first step toward cannibalism
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum