Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Brand Wife as Evil

3 posters

Go down

Father Brand Wife as Evil Empty Father Brand Wife as Evil

Post by Lou Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:24 pm

Link

A mother who murdered her four-year-old daughter because she was 'ashamed' of disability was jailed for at least 15 years today.

Joanne Hill, 32, drowned little Naomi, who suffered from mild cerebral palsy, in the bath but denied murder on the grounds of diminished responsibility.

During a two-week trial, a jury heard that hard-drinking Hill was ashamed of Naomi's condition, which meant the little girl had to use calipers to help her walk.

In an emotional statement after the verdict, the killer's husband, Simon, branded Hill 'evil'. He said: 'Joanne is a non-swimmer with a fear of water. To be held under water is her biggest fear.

'What she did to my princess Naomi was evil.'

Passing sentence at Chester Crown Court, Judge Elgan Edwards told Hill there was no excuse for what she did.

He said: 'You killed your own daughter because you could not cope with her disability.

'You had other pressures upon you, a disintegrating marriage and you decided to kill your own daughter by drowning her.

'This has been a very sad case. Sad for you, for your husband, for the child you killed.'

Hill was taken straight to prison, rather than returned to a secure unit, because of her murder conviction.

There's a lot a talk of the mothers mental health problems, but this wasnt a spur of the moment thing. The rest of the time the woman could function normally, surely she could have just said to social services 'I cant cope' No

But what amazes me are some of the comments, I havent read them all but I noticed these two
Poor little girl. What a horrible, sick world we are living in. Too many single mums, with children and many partners. I do not know if this is the case of Joanne Hill, but it would not surprise me. Many women bring children into this world as if they were cleaning their teeth with no idea what it means as regards responsibility, love and care. I hope she really stays in prison for life and is not out on the streets after only a few years. With the laws that are in the UK now, it could easily happen!

- Buffy, Rome, Italy, 23/9/2008 15:13
WTF has it got to do with single parents, some people use any excuse to bash single parents. The woman was married FGS Rolling Eyes

What an utter shame, especially after our triumph at the paralympics. This is a truely hideous crime, my thoughts are with the family and my prayers are with Naomi.

- Jo, Worcestershire, 23/9/2008 15:39
What a completely inappropriate comment! Or triumph at the paralympics!!! Like anyone involve would give a rats behind about the paralympics at a time like this No
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Father Brand Wife as Evil Empty Re: Father Brand Wife as Evil

Post by HiJo Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:54 am

It was a horrible horrible thing to do. If the little girl's cerebral palsy was mild she could probably function quite well, to claim to be embarrassed by her disability is appalling. Most mothers would cherish the child and encourage her small attempts at independence. Poor little kiddy. Sad
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:36 pm

I personally think that the mother had to be mentally unwell do this. I can't understand how her husband could have been so oblivious to her state of mind.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:50 am

I know you cant tar everyone with the same brush, but I honestly think men are just completely useless at spotting this sort of thing. How many times do you hear men say that they didnt realise their wife/girlfriend had post natal depression, they just thought she was a bit tired. Its like they have a built in block to it.

Of course not all men are the same but I do think its because men (or boys) are brought up not to show emotion (men dont cry type of thing), so dont see emotion the same as women can.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down