Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girl, 6, freed from armed siege

2 posters

Go down

Girl, 6, freed from armed siege Empty Girl, 6, freed from armed siege

Post by louastra Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:11 am

BBC News said
A six-year-old girl who was being held hostage in an armed siege at a house in North Yorkshire has been freed, and a man arrested.

Paul Eames, 32, was detained shortly after the young girl was brought out of the house on Herdborough Road, Scarborough, by police.

Mr Eames, who was allegedly armed with knives, is being held in police custody after the siege lasted for 39 hours.

A police spokeswoman said the girl was being cared for at a place of safety.
Police were called to the property just after 2300 BST on Monday following reports of a domestic incident.

Det Ch Supt Steve Read said: "The primary intention of North Yorkshire Police throughout this difficult situation was to resolve the incident without any harm to anyone involved.

"I am satisfied with the way we achieved our objective.
"I am very grateful to the professionalism showed by North Yorkshire Police officers and staff throughout this lengthy operation and the assistance of our community partners and neighbouring forces.

"North Yorkshire Police are conscious of the significant disruption to the people living in and around Herdborough Road due to the police cordon put in place to ensure public safety.

"North Yorkshire Police would like to thank local residents for their patience and support. "

Poor little girl, she must have been so terrified, another nutter on our streets.
louastra
louastra
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Girl, 6, freed from armed siege Empty Re: Girl, 6, freed from armed siege

Post by Lou Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:17 am

Bloody hell 39 hours affraid Poor little mite, I presume it was her dad or some partner of her mum's, but even if she knew him it'd be a terrifying ordeal.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down