Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poor excuse

3 posters

Go down

Poor excuse Empty Poor excuse

Post by HiJo Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:39 pm

I cut this short because it's the shooter's defence that interests me

A US speed camera operator was shot dead by a passing motorcyclist who later surrendered to police.
Thomas Destories has been charged with the first-degree murder charge of 51-year-old Doug Georgianni in Arizona.
"I'm sorry. I was going to turn myself in," Destories, 68, told police. "I didn't mean for anyone to get hurt."

I do hope he uses that defence in court because he'll surely be under lock and key before his feet touch the floor. What exactly did he think was going to happen when he aimed a gun at the camera operator and pulled the trigger? It's so frightening that people can treat life so casually. But he's sorry now and he didn't mean it, bless him. Evil or Very Mad
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Poor excuse Empty Re: Poor excuse

Post by Lou Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:17 am

That reminds me of my kids, they think if they say sorry it'll all be okay. But they have an excuse, they're only children, this is a grown man who seems to think everything will be fine because he's sorry Evil or Very Mad
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:58 am

That's horrendous. Children think like children and don't always see the long term damage their actions can cause. It's lucky most of them grow out of it when they leave childhood behind. But some don't and this highly dangerous man is obviously one of them. There are more and more people going the same way, with knife crime and so on. They don't think beyond their immediate rage.

There was even something on the news this morning about a road rage incident where an angry man followed a woman driver back to her home and assaulted her in the driveway in front of her little boy. The coward then drove off and police are looking for him. Anger Management Classes must be bursting at the seams these days. I'm sure this chap had an excuse too for his actions. Evil or Very Mad
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down