Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday 27th Feb

3 posters

Go down

Friday 27th Feb Empty Friday 27th Feb

Post by Lou Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:25 pm

Nothing worse than a man going through a mid life crisis, what did Ian look like in that leather jacket Shocked

Tamwar is finally coming into his own. I liked the way he reminded Zainab that he'd lost a brother as well.

Also nice to see Tanya and Jane's friendship growing. I couldn't see Tanya waitressing a couple of months ago, but now she has her priorities right, and helps her friends out.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Friday 27th Feb Empty Re: Friday 27th Feb

Post by Sally Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:11 am

I think the writers have got it wrong with Ian's mid-life crisis, especially in these trying times. There must be thousands of viewers watching who actually got quite annoyed with Ian's whining when he had absolutely nothing to whine about. I didn't find it particularly funny either.
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:46 pm

Yet another attempt at comedy that completely missed the mark. Ian's complaints were probably being watched by viewers who might lose their jobs or their homes so it made him seem pettier than ever.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:42 pm

There doesn't seem to be much sign of the credit crunch in Walford. There's been a couple of mentions, but people are still eating in the cafe, not eating at home. Plenty of money around to splash in the Vic. Max should be feeling the pinch, because insurances are one of the things a lot of people cut back on first (even though it should be the last because crime goes up).
Booty should be struggling to, as less people can afford to waste money on beautifying themselves.

But the only ones struggling are the Masoods, although their debts have disappeared miraculously.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:10 am

I'd forgotten about the Masoods debt problems. But it's always bothered me that the characters with no money still have the price of a pint or two in their pocket. Keith Miller spent a lot more time in the Vic than someone in his position should have. And eating in the caff, why do they spend money on even a cuppa there when they're so close to their own kitchens? And don't forget Dawn the unemployed single mum who can still afford to have her nails done. :wall:
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:53 pm

Unemployed single mum, who manages to get a babysitter at the drop of a hat, go out drinking regularly and get her nails done Evil or Very Mad

Laughing
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:46 pm

Babysitters are very easy to come by when you're not bothered who they are, whether they have experience of looking after young children or even if your children know them. Shocked
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down