Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuesday 24th Feb

3 posters

Go down

Tuesday 24th Feb Empty Tuesday 24th Feb

Post by HiJo Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:13 pm

Nice little bit of London history there for those of us ignorant people Embarassed who knew nothing about the events of 1958. Even use of the word "negro" in the newspaper clipping showed how different things are now. I enjoyed the eppy, despite the limited cast. Sometimes EE is much better when it does things this way instead of including too many different stories.

I did understand Theo's sigh at Chelsea's intelligent remarks. She had no interest in the historical aspect but the clothes were good. She's improving though, cos she realised straight away that she was annoying him.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 24th Feb Empty Re: Tuesday 24th Feb

Post by Lou Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:40 pm

A much better episode than most of the episodes lately.

It was interesting to hear about the Notting Hill riots, its a period of history we don't hear much about. I'm not sure if Theo is for or against Patrick though, it seems an odd way of going about things.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by al32 Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:35 pm

I didn't realise Rudolph was such a great actor before, he was excellent in this episode. It also taught me about a lot of history that makes me want to go and research.
al32
al32

Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by al32 Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:01 pm

There was a very interesting debate/discussion about this episode at Digital spy and someone came up with:

"I don't mind other races living here, but like most people I have a problem when they don't adapt to our ways and then call us racists when we don't agree."

Who the hell is he/she to make that kind of remark?

Link: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=994849
al32
al32

Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:56 am

I hadn't even noticed it was an all black episode last night until I read it elsewhere. Just shows how observant I am.

I don't see what's wrong with an all black, all white, all asian episode etc.

But I do think the BBC were wrong to publish it on their website, that just highlighted that it was 'different' and in some ways special. And as sad as it is, racists will latch onto anything that they perceive to be a slight against them and use it against different races.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:01 am

Lou wrote:I hadn't even noticed it was an all black episode last night until I read it elsewhere. Just shows how observant I am.

Don't know about observant Lou, but you're certainly not racist. I think those (including the BBC!) who are making a point of this being an all-black eppy are just demonstrating how racist they are. Making a big deal of it is wrong. Non-racists wouldn't even have noticed the absence of white faces. Evil or Very Mad
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down