Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thurs 5th Feb

3 posters

Go down

Thurs 5th Feb Empty Thurs 5th Feb

Post by Lou Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:37 pm

I can't tell you how much tonights episode annoyed me, reducing a baby to 'a pregnancy' just so people dont feel bad about killing their child Mad

Anyway I'm not gonna get into that ! Apart from to say, I'm sure a clinic wouldnt leave someone hanging around in reception for that length of time, and how long was Ronnie in the loo, the nurse came and went after telling Danielle what to expect while she was in there Shocked
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Thurs 5th Feb Empty Re: Thurs 5th Feb

Post by HiJo Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:11 pm

My own views on abortion are known here, but I have to say I'm getting really tired of this portrayal in soaps. Not a word of criticism must ever be directed at people who get pregnant as a result of casual unprotected sex. All that matters is that the potential mum is allowed to carry on with her life, and that the inconvenience of "the pregnancy" is dealt with. I wish some of the writers were brave enough to show that not everybody feels this way.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by al32 Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:38 pm

When Stacey was drying the plates I really wanted her to smash it over Danielle's head. Twisted Evil
al32
al32

Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:56 am

Strange that, I had similar thoughts Laughing
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:52 am

I think it's because Danielle is such a drip. She wasn't at all sure she wanted a termination but instead of saying so, she went ahead with it. The later scenes in the kitchen of her dozy smiling face, picturing her rosy future even as her unborn baby was dying inside her, made me want to shake her. I just can't feel sympathy for the character.

I don't think the clinic nurses were particularly clever either. The one who told Danielle "your mum can come too" was making a massive assumption, especially when there's only fourteen years age difference between the two of them. I don't think Ronnie was even acting like Danielle's mum and I don't see any similarities in appearance.

Now that Stacey knows, lets hope the storyline moves along.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:52 am

I certainly hope so, there's slow moving and there's dead stop. This storyline is closer to the latter
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down