Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Craig Charles Blasts Fans

3 posters

Go down

Craig Charles Blasts Fans Empty Craig Charles Blasts Fans

Post by Lou Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:03 am

Coronation Street star Craig Charles has reportedly launched an attack on the soap's fans.

The actor, who plays cabbie Lloyd Mullaney on the ITV1 show, is said to have complained about the harassment he receives from viewers as he spoke before doing a DJ stint in Leeds.

According to the News Of The World, Charles claimed that he can no longer regularly attend football matches with his two daughters because he is mocked so much.

He also allegedly stated that he believes the programme does not attract the same class of viewer as his cult BBC series Red Dwarf, on which he plays Dave Lister.

"I can go [to matches] a bit, but I get so much stick now, and you don't want your kids to hear that. I try and go in disguise," Charles is quoted as saying. "It's especially since I've been on Corrie, and since I started an affair with Liz McDonald.

"I've never had any problems like that with Red Dwarf fans, they're generally intelligent people. Maybe not so much with Corrie, it's kind of lowest common denominator stuff! Even so, the show gets 11 million a night - you can't argue with that."

Charles joined Coronation Street in July 2005. He signed a new three-year contract with the soap in April last year.

I don't think he's done himself any favours with that rant!!
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Craig Charles Blasts Fans Empty Re: Craig Charles Blasts Fans

Post by HiJo Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:21 am

I'm surprised that the men who attend football matches are also Corrie fans, otherwise how do they know he's in it? Laughing
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:43 am

:rofl: Never thought of that, I can just imagine a load of Liverpool or Everton fans all sitting round sipping tea and watching their hero on Corrie.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:01 am

He could very well have bitten the hand that feeds him.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down