Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justice, Iran style

3 posters

Go down

Justice, Iran style Empty Justice, Iran style

Post by HiJo Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:23 pm

Iranian newspapers say a court has sentenced a man who blinded a woman with acid also to be blinded with acid under the country's Islamic law.

Reports in several newspapers, including the Kargozaran, say 27-year-old Majid confessed to attacking Ameneh Bahrami in 2004 to dissuade anyone from marrying the woman he loved.
The ruling was based on the Islamic law system of 'qisas', or eye for an eye retribution.
The reports say Ameneh asked the court to sentence Majid, who was only identified by his first name, to be blinded by acid to prevent similar attacks on other women.
Majid is allowed to appeal the verdict.

They don't mess about in Iran, do they? While this sounds absolutely barbaric and horrendous, there's something poetic about it. The thing that puzzles me most is why anyone in Iran would commit a crime like this, knowing it will happen to them too if they get caught. No
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Justice, Iran style Empty Re: Justice, Iran style

Post by lulu Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:22 pm

That's exactly why I don't think an eye for an eye would work in this country. When people commit crimes they don't think they will get caught. They really don't think of the consequences.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:07 pm

Bloody hell thats a punishment and a half. While I dont think we should go that far, I think we need to toughen up punishments in this country.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down