Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here Empty I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here

Post by Lou Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:40 am

SPORTY WAG Carly Zucker was set for bushtucker glory last night – as she heads to the Aussie outback for I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here.

Producers tipped the toned 24-year-old personal trainer – engaged to Chelsea and England midfielder Joe Cole – to be a whizz at the tough trials.

An ITV1 insider said: “Carly’s a great signing. She is so fit.

“We can’t imagine the camp going hungry if she’s picked for a bushtucker trial.”

Gay top cop Brian Paddick has also signed up for the jungle — alongside Wimbledon ace Martina Navratilova, TV Biz can reveal.

The Met’s ex-deputy commissioner, 50, will be munching on bugs just months after losing his bid to become London Mayor.

The police chief, who retired last year, is best known for telling his officers not to bother nicking people found with cannabis.

Meanwhile, lesbian tennis ace Martina, 52, will fly to Australia from her home in Florida to join the show, which starts on ITV1 on Sunday.

She has been called the greatest tennis player who ever lived, and won Wimbledon a record NINE times.

Ex-EastEnder Joe Swash, 26 — who played soap hearthrob Mickey Miller — flew out from Heathrow Airport yesterday to join the camp in Murwillumbah, New South Wales — just as TV Biz revealed weeks ago.

Other names headed Down Under are MP-turned-presenter Robert Kilroy-Silk, 66, Blue singer Simon Webbe, 29, telly favourite Esther Rantzen, 68, and former TV presenter Dani Behr, 37.

They will be among ten celebs in the camp — with ITV chiefs announcing the full line-up today.

A show source said: “It’s going to be a fantastic year. As always the production team have gone all out to get some great and interesting names into the jungle.”

Dollar singer David Van Day has also been lined-up - as a jungle stand-by.

The pop has-been, 51 — who was in the pop duo with Thereza Bazar — is lined up for a surprise entry midway through the show.

David recently underwent major plastic surgery for flop telly show Pop Goes The Eighties and a source told TV Biz: “David’s really excited about going in the jungle.

“He’s a huge fan of the show and wants to get stuck into some scary trials. He made his telly comeback earlier this year and is excited to be back in the limelight.”

You'd think the likes of Navratilova, Kilroy-Silk and Rantzen would have a bit more about them, than stoop to appearing on this sort of show No
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here Empty Re: I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here

Post by HiJo Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:30 am

I'm really surprised Martina's doing it. We've already got the mature woman in Esther Rantzen, whose appearance here doesn't surprise me. She attends the opening of an envelope these days, she's so desperate for attention.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here Empty Re: I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here

Post by Lou Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:55 am

Martina was the one I was most surprised by, ok I only saw her playing tennis, but she seemed quite an intelligent woman with a bit of class. Not the sort you'd expect to lower herself to I'm a Celeb standards.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:22 pm

I must admit that I admire the likes of Kilroy-Silk and Esther Rantzen for even thinking of taking part. They are both knocking on 70 for God's sake.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:50 am

I was really surprised to see Suzy Branning in the jungle Shocked then I realised it was Nicola McLean, pointing her overinflated chest at everyone.

Laughing

Joe Swash was such a laugh, but not always intentionally.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:32 am

I never saw it. But from what I hear Kilroy is being a prat already. I didnt realise he was still a serving MEP, I wouldnt have thought he would be allowed to go on while he was still an MEP
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:31 am

Kilroy is very opinionated to the point of being rude. He's already started his usual patronising banter with Carly Zucker. I don't know much about the girl, but hope she doesn't become intimidated by him. Hopefully Esther will be keeping a motherly eye on her and step in if needed.

Joe Swash is coming across as a male version of Jade Goody, saying things without thinking. He's got a cheeky little face, so just might get away with it.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:32 pm

I thought I'd watch a bit tonight, so I saw the bit were they were eating the bugs and stuff :vomit: I wish I hadnt bothered now Sad I hate seeing people drooling and snotty noses.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:41 pm

It was horrible wasn't it? Made me feel sick, but it's changed my opinion of Carly. She's a tough cookie and once again Joe came across as a bit of a girl.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:50 pm

Yes she definitely did herself proud, there would be no way on earth I'd do that.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:27 pm

The more they obviously suffer, the more likely they are to get voted in to do the trials. Paul Burrell's screaming was so funny everyone wanted to see him do it again. And that skinny little girl (Nicole something?), she complained so much it was a dead cert she was going to have to do it again and again. You'd think the contestants would know this by now. Twisted Evil
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:47 am

A 'SINISTER' twist is set to throw the I'm A Celebrity camp into chaos later this week - two unlucky campers are going to be 'kidnapped' by mock terrorists.

The pair will be held hostage in a dingy den full of insects and rats, and the unfortunate victims will also have to perform nasty challenges in their bid to return to the camp.

The hostages' teammates will be expected to pay their ransom 'luxury items' and food, but the stunt could go disastrously wrong if one of the less popular celebs is picked - such as Robert Kilroy-Silk - as the rest of the camp might not want to stump up the goods.

A source said: “This is by far the most sinister stunt pulled by producers. Conditions for some have already been tough – but they’re going to get a whole lot worse for two of them.

"It’s something we’ve never seen before on I’m A Celebrity, so it’s going to come as a complete surprise."

The plot will take place when the 10 celebrities get together in the Home camp.

Hopefully former Met commander Brian Paddick's police experience will come in handy...

After watching last nights episode if Kilroy did get picked I'd be surprised if they wanted him back at all Laughing
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by louastra Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:01 pm

I watched the 1st one, it wouldn`t be such a bad show, if they didn`t do all those revolting things.... some of it is just so awful. Mad
louastra
louastra
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 622

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:03 pm

Now I've started watching this lol, never seen it before.

I was glad Kilroy lost the challenge, he's really annoying.

And I must admit I never thought I'd see Lieutenant Sulu stroking another mans bum Shocked
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by louastra Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:07 pm

Who would you like to win?
louastra
louastra
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 622

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:16 pm

There was me thinking Esther would look after the young girls, when in reality, they ended up comforting her 'cos she got upset about her late husband. I must admit I was upset too. I gave credit to Carly for eating all those horrible things, when it was actually Nicola who did it. I don't know anything about these girls, but they score brownie points 'cos they were kind to Esther.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:19 pm

I must admit I dont really know who the girls are except Martina and Esther.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:30 pm

Lou wrote:

I was glad Kilroy lost the challenge, he's really annoying.

And I must admit I never thought I'd see Lieutenant Sulu stroking another mans bum Shocked

What a big overgrown baby Kilroy is, whining "it's so unfair" when he lost to Joe Swash. No wonder the great British public voted for him to do the next trial, he's making it worse for himself.

I have a feeling George Takei fancies Joe. Between volunteering to rub cream on his botty and kissing him on the mouth, I hope Takei's partner isn't the jealous type. Laughing
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:04 am

I would like Esther to win. There was me thinking she would keep a motherly eye on the younger ones, when they ended up comforting her when she got upset.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:36 am

lulu wrote:I would like Esther to win. There was me thinking she would keep a motherly eye on the younger ones, when they ended up comforting her when she got upset.

That was quite touching (hope she wasn't doing it for sympathy). The girls knew exactly what was wrong with her and felt bad about it, so maybe they're not the thoughtless airheads they're made out to be.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:16 am

TIMMY Mallett, TV’s most annoying man, went into the jungle yesterday — promising to drive fellow celebrities potty.

The Wacaday star joined the show along with singer David Van Day from 1980s duo Dollar.

But they were trapped in CAGES on their way in — and had to await rescue by campmates.

Zany Timmy, 53 — famous for his Mallett’s Mallet hammer — earlier warned that he would be a nightmare contestant.

He said: “I’m extremely crabby when I’m hungry. The family know it and go, ‘There he goes again, crabby old git.’ There may well be occasions when I get stroppy. There will be quite a few ‘ooh-er’ moments.

“I’m aware I can be rather abrupt. I don’t suffer fools terribly easily. The discomfort of seeing this could be quite great.”

Producers admitted they threw in the hyperactive star — responsible for pop song Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini — to wind up the others.

A show source said: “Timmy is going to be a nightmare — they won’t know what’s hit them.

“He’s nowhere near as funny as he thinks he is. His madcap antics might be amusing for five minutes, but imagine living with him. We’re hoping for fireworks.”

Timmy, who told The Sun this week how he had lost his famous mallet was a stand-in for the 2004 show, but never went in the jungle.

As he finally made his debut yesterday, he was scooped up in a hidden net after picking up a cake.

David was also trapped and they were put in cages.

Martina Navratilova was given instructions and told campmates the captives would be fed if each of them gave up a luxury item.

They could also free one captive by giving up two stars — but had to choose whether to release Timmy or David.

I missed it yesterday because of the football, so didnt se Timmy Mallet arrive. I hope he's not as bad as he used to be when he was doing his kids show.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:15 am

It wasn't on on Wed Lou, it's on for two hours tonight Shocked . If they were looking for somebody to wind the others up they made an excellent choice.
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:49 am

Sally wrote:It wasn't on on Wed Lou, it's on for two hours tonight Shocked .
LOL, thats why I missed it then Laughing
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:06 pm

Kudos to Kilroy, he might be a prat, but there is no way I would have been able to have rats biting my foot, and I definitely would not put my face in a box of rats :vomit:

David Van Day made a bit of an idiot of himself, I can understand him being miffed that someone wouldnt give up their mascara Shocked , but you still have to try and fit in when joining a group.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:24 pm

It's the spiders that do it for me. Anything else I could grin and bear it, but not the spiders.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next