Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sienna Miller takes on the paps

3 posters

Go down

Sienna Miller takes on the paps Empty Sienna Miller takes on the paps

Post by Lou Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:51 pm

Actress Sienna Miller's life has been made intolerable because of a "campaign of harassment" by photographers, her lawyer has told London's High Court.
Miller, 26, is taking legal action against photo agency Big Pictures (UK) Limited and its founder, Darryn Lyons.
The actress claimed they are guilty of invasion of privacy and harassment.
She has been caused "substantial alarm, fear and enormous distress" by their conduct, her lawyer David Sherborne said at a preliminary hearing.
The court heard Miller, who did not attend the hearing, was chased while driving and there were "other forms of physical and verbal intimidation or abuse in their attempts to obtain photographs of her".
Mr Lyons and the agency are contesting the claims.
Miller has starred in movies such as Alfie and Layer Cake and is the ex-girlfriend of Jude Law.
Last month, she accepted £15,000 damages in an out-of-court settlement against the Daily Star over a paparazzi photo.

I hope she wins. I know there is the school of thought that says celebs put themselves in the public eye, but they're in the public eye it doesnt make them public property. They have as much right to a private life as everyone else, all they want to do (most of them, of course some want the publicity) is their job the same as the rest of us, they shouldnt have to worry about the paps following them everywhere.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Sienna Miller takes on the paps Empty Re: Sienna Miller takes on the paps

Post by lulu Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:43 pm

I agree. No one should be hounded in that way. I'm glad I'm not famous. I would hate to have to live with the fear of someone following me to get "the photo" that is going to make them rich.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:45 am

I don't really have too much sympathy. If they really hate that aspect of the job (and they certainly knew it was part of it) they should give up showbiz and do something else. The money these so-called superstars get is more than most of us will earn in a lifetime, and that's the price they pay. If they love acting, they could do it in a theatre for a more modest wage and far less publicity. Right from the start, I mean. Brad Pitt giving up films to work in his local theatre is still going to get attention. Laughing
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: