Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elderly Doctor Attacked

4 posters

Go down

Elderly Doctor Attacked Empty Elderly Doctor Attacked

Post by Lou Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:01 am

Intruders who attacked a 92-year-old former family doctor in his isolated County Durham home have been condemned by his family.

Dr William Benson was punched in the face when three attackers broke into his home on the outskirts of Stanley early on Friday.

Dr Benson lay injured for nine hours before he was found.

The attack was described in a statement as cowardly and despicable and the perpetrators as "not real men".

The thieves demanded cash and ransacked the house during the incident, which is believed to have lasted for an hour.

The retired GP, who had limited mobility having lost part of a leg in the 1980s, was treated in hospital.

He is now being cared for in a nursing home.

A member of the family said in a statement: "I hope the people involved in this singularly offensive and cowardly crime never have to face anything similar happening to one of their loved ones.

"They must realise that their despicable behaviour is totally unacceptable to the whole of society.

"What a shame they are not real men."

Police described it as a cowardly attack on a man who spent 50 years serving his local community.

They are appealing for public help in catching the offenders.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact Durham Police. Their assistance will be treated in confidence.

I know people enjoy their independence as they get older, but when I read something like this I can really see the benefits of nursing homes Sad You shouldnt have to think that way, but when people get to a certain age they are more vulnerable and less able to fight back, at least at a nursing home there is safety in numbers and there are younger people always around.

The people that commit these crimes are shocking beyond belief, and they are another group along with rapists, murderers and child abusers were I think they should be locked up and the key flushed down the nearest drain No
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Elderly Doctor Attacked Empty Re: Elderly Doctor Attacked

Post by lulu Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:52 pm

I agree Lou.What despicable cowards,targeting a frail old man. How proud they must be of themselves. Why on earth did they need to punch a92 year old man in the face, for God's sake. There were three of them after all. They could easily overpowered him without physical injury. Makes me sick to the stomach, the poor man then left injured and alone for 9 hours. Evil b******s.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by louastra Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:13 am

Totally sick, makes me feel cold when hear of stories like these, how dare they do that to a elderly person, or any person, total b******d cowards.Mad
That man has seen so much been through wars, seen inventions brought into this world, tv, telephone, cars, and just in his final years, and has put up with this horrendous crime, even in the wrong breaking into his home, and then to be targetted in your own home.
I hate how things are now, Mad

My neighbour is 93, and lives alone, I take him shopping and run him places, but am always worried bout him.
he says he don`t know what he do if he didn`t have me next door, and often says that people these days have no manners, or thoughts of others,
louastra
louastra
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:51 am

How depressing. Some people nowadays have absolutely no compassion or respect for anyone else. Crying or Very sad
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down