Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Darwins

3 posters

Go down

The Darwins Empty The Darwins

Post by HiJo Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:33 pm

I think what Anne and John Darwin did to their sons, pretending their dad was dead, was a terrible thing to do. But six years in jail? How come in this country you can get six years for insurance fraud and three months for sticking a knife in somebody? It's so skewed. To the establishment, nothing is more important than money. Evil or Very Mad
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

The Darwins Empty Re: The Darwins

Post by Lou Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:47 pm

I've said this before but this country really needs to sort out its sentencing policies. You can batter and torture an OAP (or whatever the PC term is now) and get community service or an ASBO (aka badge of honour) but do the same to an animal and you get sent down Sad

The Darwins are disgusting, not because of the fraud but as you say what they put their son through, at whatever age that is an horrendous thing to do.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by louastra Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:42 am

Those sentences are nothing, been reading that once Mrs Darwin has served her sentence she plans to go back to Panama,
and enjoy her $1million nest egg. What deterrent is that, commit a crime spend a few years locked up, out to enjoy that wealth
that she fraudently obtained.
louastra
louastra
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 622

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:59 pm

I think the sentences were far too harsh. The insurance people have every intention of getting their money back, which they're perfectly entitled to do, but why jail those people for that length of time? They're not a threat. If anybody's going under lock and key for six years, I'd rather it was my friendly neighbourhood mugger or a paedophile or rapist but those types get far more lenient sentences.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:13 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/7525971.stm

I've just lost all sympathy with the Darwins, this has really annoyed me. When I needed a solicitor to go to the family court when the brainless wonder decided to go for custody, I had to pay towards the legal aid despite earning next to nothing. Yet these convicted criminals get legal aid to help them keep the money from their crime Mad
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down