Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jade Goody

+2
Lou
HiJo
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Jade Goody - Page 2 Empty Re: Jade Goody

Post by HiJo Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:04 am

Sadly, Jade's little boys are going to have few memories of her. They're just not old enough and will have to rely on family to tell them what she was like.

One good thing is that both the children have the same father, so at least they won't be separated from each other. Bad enough that they're losing Mum.

I hope Jade gets the miracle she's been praying for. But, then, why single her out? Everyone with this dreadful disease hopes for a miracle. Crying or Very sad
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:09 pm

I have to say that although I really feel for Jade, its all the other people who have this dreadful disease I feel for more.

They couldn't do TV interviews to ensure there was a lot of money for the kids once they've gone. These nameless people have the added pressure of worrying about how their children are going to survive as well.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:25 am

Jade Goody has refused to rule out allowing her death to be filmed for her reality TV show.

The former Big Brother contestant has been told that her cancer is terminal and she could have just eight weeks left to live.

A newspaper report last weekend claimed that the star "may die on reality television" after she indicated that she was likely to renew her deal with Living TV.

Speaking to the News Of The World, Goody confirmed: "I've lived my whole adult life talking about my life. The only difference is that I'm talking about my death now. It's OK.

"I've lived in front of the cameras. And maybe I'll die in front of them. And I know some people don't like what I'm doing but at this point I really don't care what other people think. Now, it's about what I want."

The 27-year-old added that she has continued to appear in the press throughout her illness because she wants to secure the future of her two sons, Bobby, five, and Freddie, four.

"When I first knew I had cancer I worked out a strategy," she explained. "I thought if I earn enough money while I'm sick there will be enough for them to go to private school until they are 18.

"I know people think I'm betraying my roots by sending them to a private school but I want them to have the very best chance in life they can have. And that's what my money is for. What's the point of everything I have if I can't do that for them?"

Goody was diagnosed with cervical cancer as she appeared on the Indian version of Big Brother in August last year. She recently announced that the illness had spread to her liver, bowel and groin.

I'm sorry, but that is just wrong on so many levels. I know she wants to leave money for her kids, but dying on TV is not the way to do it.

How awful will it be for her boys at school when the other kids start teasing them about seeing their mum die. And kids will because they're cruel!
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:52 am

I don't agree with all the decisions Jade's making, I certainly don't think she should be marrying this Jack Tweedy character. For a few weeks of marriage, he's going to be entitled to a large slice of whatever she leaves. If she's really concerned about her children, let her concentrate on them for whatever time she has left. She can lean on the boyfriend, but she shouldn't be marrying him. If he was the boys' father, it would be different.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:34 am

I agree Lou, it would be awful if Jade agrees to be filmed dying. This should now be a private family time, but of course it's not going to be because there's going to be the wedding.

Why does everything boil down to money? Surely the children's father will be able to support them financially.

I also think the media are behaving ghoulishly in all this. Some of the headlines are appalling.

I think if marrying Jack makes her happy, then go for it. I'm not sure he'll have any claim on her estate though.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:52 am

I disagree about Jack. He never wanted to marry her before, so it's decidedly dodgy that he's willing to do so now that her days are numbered. Jade herself said (before she found out she had so little time left) that she knew she wouldn't be able to rely on him to stay with her when she was fighting the disease. So I'm afraid I see nothing romantic or noble in his proposal. I think the bloke's a user and I don't believe he loves her at all. Jade's problem is that she desperately wants to be loved and can fool herself into thinking this is some kind of Romeo and Juliet situation. It's not, it's just a weak bloke latching onto a needy woman.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:00 am

I understand what you're saying Jo, and I totally agree that Jade seems to need to be loved, but as long as he's not going to be allowed to gain anything financially from marrying her, (unless of course she wants him to), then I think why not if it makes her last few weeks that bit happier.

Some people seem to be able to think more clearly when they are staring death in the face, others crumble. I suppose she's trying to keep herself occupied with planning the wedding to take her mind off the grim reality of her illness.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:02 pm

Trouble with marrying him is that even if she makes a will, he could contest in on the grounds that they were married when she dies. And even if he doesn't receive anything in the end, he could tie the money up in knows for years. Meaning the kids would suffer in the long run.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:23 am

I'm so sorry to hear about Jade. But I do agree, she shouldn't be marrying this man. If he never wanted to be her husband before, why do it now? I think the answer is Jade's money, sad to say.
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:28 am

They weren't even engaged until this happened. I'm not blaming Jade, she wants a special day. I'm blaming the man who imo is taking advantage.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:52 am

So Jade's struck a deal and will get around £1 million for coverage of her wedding. That settles it, I suppose. She's making so much money that her new hubby can take a huge slice and still leave a considerable pot for the little boys. So getting married was actually quite a clever financial move.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:29 am

Well I have to say I won't be watching, I'm finding the whole thing a bit sick really.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:11 pm

I won't be watching either Lou, but you can understand why she's doing it now though. That's a hell of a lot of money and will secure her children's financial future.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:34 pm

Maybe its because I've never had money, and always been relatively happy with making do. I can't see why money is the be all and end all for her, especially when they're not being made orphans, their dad will still be there to support them.

In her shoes I'd prefer to spend every last minute with the kids while I had the chance, not have cameras around all the time.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:59 pm

You've probably seen Max Clifford doing the rounds on tv, and trying to explain Jade' reasons behind all this. It's not just about money , it's about the fact that money can buy a good education for her children because she feels that she has been held back, and sometimes ridiculed because of her lack of education. She wants that to be her legacy to her children, and who can disagree with that?
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:30 pm

I dunno, I know a gril who went to a private school and shes a nasty, spoiled brat. It can work sometimes, but I don't see a problem with state education.

Even if I had money I wouldn't send the kids to a private school.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:19 am

I can honestly say I'm not sure what I'd do in Jade's position. It's certainly true she's taken a lot of criticism for being uneducated and if she wants the best education for her children she really should be applauded for that. From what I understand, the girl's now in dreadful pain and didn't really want to leave the hospital and the pain relief she was having there. I think this has all gone far beyond Jade wanting attention, it really is about her children now.

I'm so sorry for her, and her sons.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:25 am

Jade's upset because her groom hasn't been allowed to extend his curfew on his wedding night. I think that was the right decision. Jade is ill, she doesn't need a 7 pm curfew extended. Anything that needs doing can be done before 7 pm and I'm not talking about romance. She's too ill for that. Sad
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:06 am

They've just said on This Morning that the bail conditions have been lifted.

TBH as much as I feel sorry for Jade I don't think this is right. If she wasn't a celeb his bail wouldn't have been lifted. Just last week prisoner was in the papers because he hadn't been allowed out for an hour to attend his fathers funeral.

Yet again it jut proves there's one rule some and another rule for others. There will be loads of probationers or prisoners who's partners are ill or dying, but they won't get a look in No
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:59 am

I agree with Lou and Sally. I think the original decision was reversed because the whole thing has become a media circus and nobody wants to look like the bad person who ruined a dying woman's big day. I hope that when the wedding's over, all the fuss stops and we hear no more until the news of Jade's death. Or her miraculous recovery cos who knows?
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:26 pm

Now that they are married it's time for private husband and wife time. Surely there's enough money in the pot. No more cameras, no more interviews, no more reality tv. Can she now be allowed to spend her remaining time with her family without the world gawping at her?
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:33 pm

Seemingly there was 3 million in the pot before she was even diagnosed with cancer, so there certainly should be now.

Your right, nows the time to stop the media circus and concentrate on the children, sorry but Jack is big enough to look after himself, is the kids that matter.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:02 am

Jade can't half pick 'em though. She wants the new stepdaddy, Jack, to keep in contact with her sons. Their father, Jeff, is strongly resisting this. He feels that Jack Tweed is far too immature, what with the attacking teenagers with golf clubs, and mooning at the press (just a few days ago!) and I have to say I agree with him.

Unfortunately, Brazier himself is nothing to write home about. According to reports, he's had very little contact with his sons since he and Goody split up. He claims he's busy building his career but even now, when he should be there for the boys, he's off doing other things. I feel absolutely heartsick for Jade when she says she's the only one she can trust to raise her children. In her position, I'd be going quietly insane at the thought of those little kids being raised by anyone in Jade's circle. And thick as she is (or is she?) she knows this herself. Her own mum certainly isn't a credible mother substitute for those children, their father is too wrapped up in himself, their stepfather is 21 going on 14. Who on earth is going to look after the boys? Sad

All the money in the world is no substitute for a loving caring adult with their best interests at heart.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:47 am

I certainly wouldn't want a man who almost killed a child with a golf club anywhere near my kids.

I can't say I've seen much about Brazier, but you're right he should be there to look after his kids.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:00 pm

I was also wondering who would look after the children. Definitely not her mum, Jack as we've all noticed is a kid himself, so come on Geoff, step up and be a man. They are your children and they need you now.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next