Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jade Goody

+2
Lou
HiJo
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Jade Goody Empty Jade Goody

Post by HiJo Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:33 am

Jade Goody's cancer spreadJade Goody is suffering from 'Stage Three' cancer, surgeons discovered during an eight-hour hysterectomy. The former 'Celebrity Big Brother' star - who was diagnosed with cervical cancer earlier this year - has not yet been told the disease has spread to a muscle behind her womb, as she is still under sedation following traumatic surgical procedure. Before the operation, doctors were said to have estimated Jade ahs a 95 per cent chance of going into remission - where the cancer is kept at bay - but since discovering the spread, this figure has dropped to just above 50 per cent.

This devastating discovery means it is increasingly unlikely mother-of-two Jade will be able to have any more children, and she will also have to have an intensive nine-week course of radiotherapy and chemotherapy in a bid to beat the deadly disease.

After being diagnosed with cancer, 27-year-old Jade was reported as saying: "I have no control over this disease and I am bl***y terrified. I am going to fight the damn thing every step of the way because I have two beautiful boys who are my world."

This article has me so confused. Are they really telling the whole world about this before they tell Jade herself? And why does the "new discovery" mean she probably can't have more children, when the op itself was a hysterectomy? How can she have more children after that op, even without this new thing?

It's really bad news for her though. Crying or Very sad
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Jade Goody Empty Re: Jade Goody

Post by Lou Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:17 am

I know it sounds awful, but I do wonder at the truth of the whole episode.

For one, why publish it to the world before Jade knows. Why is she under sedation for a hysterectomy? Most people are back on the ward within an hour or so.

My sister annoyed the rest of the people on the ward with hers, because the nurses kept shouting at her to wake up, and she wasnt waking up, so none of the other patients could get any peace until she did Laughing

I cant see anyone lying about it, but there are just so many odd things about it all, starting with her going to India while she was waiting for the results, surely if you thought you had cancer you'd wait around to find out?
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:43 pm

In our local hospital you don't go back on the ward after any op where you've had a general anaesthetic until you wake up. I had a minor procedure a couple of years ago, and woke to find a nurse sitting by my bedside. Once she'd checked me over, they sent me back to the ward and let me go back to sleep again. It was the best sleep I've had in years. Laughing

I wondered too if all this was done to get sympathy for Jade because of the racism stuff with Shilpa Shetty. But I think it's genuine cos if it came out that she was faking a cancer scare she'd be in even deeper s*** than before. As for going to India, I think that was already organised before she had the tests so she was being optimistic and carrying on with her life in the meantime. It's her little boys I feel sorry for, they're too young to do without their mum. Sad
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:49 pm

I think thats the problem, if it was anyone else I wouldn't have even imagined it could possibly be a stunt, but its her!

I still dont think she is lying, but I dunno maybe because she's splashing it all over the papers (or her family are) that it seems weird. Look at Kylie, she found out she has cancer and then disappeared off the face of the earth until she had her treatment and got the all clear. Thats the sensible way to deal with private problems....keep them private. Goody on the other hand seems happy to have her private life hung out on the line for all to see.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:53 pm

The only silver lining in this is to do with the cervical cancer jab young girls are being offered, supporters of the vaccine are saying "look how young Jade is, this can happen to your daughters". Crying or Very sad
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:55 pm

There is that! I'm still glad Lauren has 5 yrs before she's old enough for it, because as horrid as it sounds I wouldnt want her to be part of the 'guinea pig ' group that gets it first. Whenever any of these things come out I think of Thalidomide Sad
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Jade Goody Empty Jade Goody

Post by lulu Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:51 pm

I feel sorry for this girl. Yes she's brought a lot of negative attention on herself, but some of the comments I've read in the press recently have been so cruel and uncalled for. Why can't the media give the girl a break for God's sake.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:14 pm

I cant say I've read anything for a while. I tend to avoid anything that has her name associated with it.

I know she has cancer and its a shame, I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but I am not going to say I like her because she was a racist bigot before, and having cancer doesnt change what she did.

I hope she recovers but I still cant see why she cant have a bit of class like Kylie and go home and fight the disease quietly instead of one of her clan appearing in the papers every five minutes.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:57 pm

I don't agree Lou. I don't think Jade is a racist bigot, just ignorant. It was her ignorance that endeared her to the public in the first place, and it has also been her downfall. Shilpa Shetty had her own game plan on that show and Jade's ignorance played straight into her hands. Jade can't be compared to Kylie, who has a loving supportive family. Have you seen Jade's mum? Jade is the product of her environment, and seems to get through life on a wing and a prayer. I admire her tenacity and wish her well.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:51 pm

I'm not saying she has the class of Kylie, but apart from money, there's nothing to be gained from what she's doing.

I dont watch Big Brother so I didnt see her the first time round, but I did see enough of the celeb one and I wish I hadn't. I cant believe Channel 4 were allowed to let it go on, it should have been taken off the air.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:09 pm

Yeah , I agree. It was pretty disgusting. I think Jade has grown up a lot from then. I think she has been let down by her parents, big time, and she's trying her damndest to do a better job with her two little boys. Hence trying to make money for them by selling her stories.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:56 pm

When Jade Goody first appeared in the public eye, she was treated like a joke. She was called a fat ugly porker in national newspapers. And I admit, I saw absolutely nothing to admire in her. She was just so typical of a whole breed of young women these days who'll do anything to get their face on television. There was no sign of any class or intelligence, far less any of the talent we have a right to expect of somebody who's been paid the kind of money Jade has earned since her first BB.

But the racism thing? I agree with Lulu. I don't believe Jade is racist at all, I think she's a bit stupid in many ways and probably opens her mouth and says things without putting any thought into it. If "Shilpa Poppadom" is the worst insult ever directed at her, Ms Shetty's been very lucky. And it's done her career no harm either. Jade, on the other hand, paid dearly for what she said and to me it was the sort of insult a child would direct at another child. It showed that Jade is immature and it also showed she's not half as devious as those around Shilpa Shetty.

From what I've seen of Jade Goody's horrendous family, I can only feel sorry for the way she was brought up. And really sorry for her little boys if she can't beat this disease.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:44 pm

Yes I definitely agree there, no children should have to lose their mother at such a young age.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:55 am

The whole country united in a loathing of Jade Goody during BB but she made a good living out of it. She has very thick skin and she needs it. The cancer is awful though, wouldn't wish it on anybody.
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:33 am

ANGUISHED Jade Goody is battling through her cancer nightmare to put on a brave face for her two children.

The exhausted mum mustered a weak smile as she stepped out this week for the first time since losing her locks to chemotherapy.

You need Flash Player 8 or higher to view video content with the ROO Flash Player. Click here to download and install it.

And she has vowed to avoid scaring sons Bobby, five, and four-year-old Freddie by telling them that her hair loss was caused because she used the wrong SHAMPOO.

Big Brother star Jade, 27, — in and out of hospital since learning she had cervical cancer last August — donned a headscarf to visit her boyfriend Jack Tweed in prison.

She has shed most of her brunette hair over the past seven days.

It was clear she had also lost weight during her treatment as she looked slender in a long red cardigan, black T-shirt and black jeans.

A pal said: “Nearly all Jade’s hair has gone, there are just a few wisps left.

“It happened so quickly that it was a shock. I don’t think Jade realised how full-on the treatment would be. It has left her feeling sick and constantly tired.”

The telly girl’s mother Jackiey Budden has moved into her Essex home to help her care for her boys.

Jade, given a hysterectomy last September, has admitted she was worried about what to tell the kids when her hair fell out — but revealed she had decided to tell a white lie.

She said: “I can get away with saying silly things, like I used the wrong shampoo.

There’s no reason in my eyes for me to use the Big C word to them — or death. It’s daunting and they don’t understand.

“They’ve told me, ‘You’ll look lovely with no hair. We’ll kiss you still. We still love you Mummy’.”

Jade, who had more chemotherapy on Thursday, was due to have a blood transfusion yesterday.

Yet she is bravely pushing ahead with work commitments to make more money to support her kids.

Living TV, whose cameras are following Jade throughout her treatment, are bringing forward the next instalment of a documentary on her.

It will now air on January 21 at 9pm. A Living source said: “It just feels more timely.”

Tweed, 21, is serving 18 months in Chelmsford, Essex, for battering a boy with a golf club.

I have to say I'm in two minds about her decision not to tell her children. It is hard for them to understand, but at the same time I don't believe in lying to children and death is an inevitable part of life and it shouldn't be something thats kept from them.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:06 am

My worry would be that they were told the news by other children in the playground. By making her private life public property it's only a matter of time before the boys will hear or read about their mum's illness. That would be much more devastating than having the situation gently and sensitively explained to them within the emotional security of their own home.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:36 am

I never thought of it in those terms, but yes you're right, they will hear about it eventually one way or another. Far better to give them the facts in a way they will understand rather than exaggerated half facts from school kids. Especially knowing how cruel kids can be, some will go out of their way to try and upset them.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:29 pm

I would imagine they'll be terrified to use shampoo from now on Shocked . I'm really sorry for Jade, she's going through the mill.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:51 pm

Yeah, I feel sorry for her too. She's got a hell of a lot to cope with. What amazes me is how cruel and nasty people's comments are, especially on national newspaper forums. There really is no need.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:14 am

I was quite shocked at some of the online comments. It doesn't matter whether people think Jade is ugly and stupid, she's a young woman with a serious illness. A little compassion might be in order. Evil or Very Mad

EDIT Just heard Jade has a 40% chance of survival. That's terrible. Sad
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:58 pm

40%!! That seems very low in this day and age.

Even more reason in my mind to tell the children, far better for them to have some sort of warning, rather than one day wake up to be told mummy has died Sad
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:04 am

It doesn't look good for Jade, such a shame for her boys, no kid should have to go through that. They should spend less money on wars and more money on medical research Sad

Link
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:41 am

It's terrible news, she's so young. It's terrible news at any age, but for someone with young children it's just heartbreaking. She must be praying for a miracle.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:58 am

This news has really shocked me. We're so used to Jade bouncing back from everything that life throws at her, sadly it looks like she's got a real fight on her hands now.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:33 am

Jade now has only months to live. I really hope that her remaining precious time is spent away from the media. Her children need mum's time much more than they will ever need her money.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next