Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monday 15th Sept

3 posters

Go down

Monday 15th Sept Empty Monday 15th Sept

Post by Lou Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:40 pm

Well Teresa got what she deserved, it would have been better if the younger kids hadnt found out. They really didnt need to know their mum was a poisoner, just that she wouldnt be coming round anymore.

I love Emily and the will, saying things hadnt changed from before Norris betrayed her trust and leading Norris to think she hadnt changed the will, only to add that he didnt know what was in it then, and still didnt know now. Well done Emily :thumbs: Laughing
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Monday 15th Sept Empty Re: Monday 15th Sept

Post by louastra Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:41 am

I`ve found it a bit long dragged out, the will story line, why can`t they have something a bit more gritty.
louastra
louastra
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 622

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:24 am

I dunno, I think thats why I like Corrie, because they fit in plenty of normal storylines within the more sensational ones
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:45 am

It's why I like Corrie too, a silly little story like Emily's will is just typical Corrie. It's not like she's a millionaire, all she has is her house so I thought it was in keeping with the soap that Norris would be getting himself in a state wondering if he's going to be living out his final years in a bedsit somewhere. It was funny but there was a lot of pathos in it too. People like Norris, Emily and Rita don't really have anybody else. We've seen some of Emily's relatives, Spider and that niece who showed up a few years ago the deaf one, but she's usually alone. Same with Rita, she's got a foster daughter who keeps in touch (offscreen) and she's got Mavis but no relatives. And Norris is definitley all alone. If they were real people, it's believable that Norris might be very anxious about what will happen to him when Emily pops off. It's all a bit sad really. Crying or Very sad
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:59 am

I think thats what makes Corrie more believable than Eastenders. The country is full of people who have no family, especially the older generation who may once have had a partner but have since divorced or been widowed. But in EE everyone has to be partnered up with someone, or they have a humongous family around them.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:16 am

In EE nobody is allowed to be single. Even big Mo has Fat Elvis :rofl:

In one of the christmas eppies of Corrie years ago they had Bet, Rita and a few other people all having christmas dinner together cos none of them had anyone else to pull a cracker with. Yet EE is the gritty realistic one? I think Corrie has a more cosy image but they're realistic too when they do things like this. It's not a huge storyline but it's true to life for a lot of their viewers.
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down