ER.

Go down

ER. Empty ER.

Post by Lou on Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:06 am

Actor Anthony Edwards is to reprise his role as Dr Mark Greene in the final series of US medical drama ER.

His character, who died in 2002, will appear in flashback form with both past and current characters.

But broadcasters NBC have not revealed if other past stars - including George Clooney - will be in the final run.

Edwards was an original cast member, appearing in the show's pilot episode in 1994. His character eventually succumbed to a brain tumour.

NBC has said the star will appear in an episode called Heal Thyself, appearing in scenes with actress Angela Bassett, who is joining the cast of ER for the final season.

The instalment is due to be screened in the US on 13 November, while Edwards is scheduled to begin filming his scenes next week.

While there is no word on a possible return for Clooney, the Oscar-winner made a surprise cameo appearance in an episode in 2000 to mark the departure of long-running star Julianna Margulies.

He left the show in 1999 to pursue his film career on a full-time basis.

Another of the show's famous faces, Noah Wyle, is due to make a comeback in four episodes of the final series.

The show, set in the fictional Chicago County General Hospital, was the top-rated show on US TV for several years, but ratings have recently declined.

In 1996, the programme won an Emmy Award for outstanding drama series.
IMO ER went downhill after Anthony Edwards left, the last season was terrible. I think they tried to keep it running 2 seasons too long.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

ER. Empty Re: ER.

Post by HiJo on Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:51 am

I'm glad they said Green would be appearing in flashback, I thought he was going to do a "Dirty Den" Shocked Laughing

I hope Anthony Edwards hasn't changed much in appearance. I remember watching St Elsewhere years ago and one of the characters was brought back from the grave as another character's dream. Unfortunately the actor was about two stones heavier and it was never explained how he gained so much weight after he died. Rolling Eyes
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:18 am

Just saw Mark's reappearance. It was great to see him back in the show, and it was really well done. He did look like the Mark of old, and TBH it showed exactly what the show has been missing lately.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Fri May 08, 2009 1:49 pm

Enjoyed seeing George Clooney back this week. Although he was never as good as Anthony Edwards or Noah Wyle.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:25 am

I'm miles behind, just saw the first episode of the final season on Channel Four. Pratt was never a favourite of mine so I wasn't very sad at his death.

Haleh's put a lot of weight on, after all that effort to lose it.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:47 am

That is a long way behind Laughing I just watched the last episode last week. I won't spoil it for you, except to say it's been one of the best seasons I've watched for a while.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally on Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:40 am

I've still got three or four episodes to watch but I agree with Lou it's been great. I could watch the whole thing over again when I'm done. Very Happy
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:08 pm

I can't bring myself to like the Angela Bassett character. Even knowing her backstory, the loss of her child, she still seems like she's phoning it in. Lou, did you know the actor playing her husband is her husband in real life? I didn't know that, the lack of chemistry is puzzling.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:58 pm

No I didn't know that. I hope they're not the same at home because it'd be a poor marriage if they are.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content