Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jase

2 posters

Go down

Jase Empty Jase

Post by Lou Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:17 am

Well tonight's the night thats been hyped up for weeks. And like most things that are overhyped I'm gearing myself up to be disappointed, although I'm not writing it off before its shown Very Happy

I liked Jase when he first arrived in the square. He took to fathering extremely well, showed Jay he was in charge without resorting to violence or bribery. Then he had the misfortune to fall in with Dawn (not fall in love with, because I dont believe he did), and suddenly his fatherly caring is fired out of the window like a rocket. He turned into another selfish father who puts his need for sex on tap before the needs of his flesh and blood.

If the Jase that entered the square originally had stayed, then I would have been sad to see him go because he was unlike any other father on the square (except Masood, but he came afterwards), but the Jase he turned into I wont miss No
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Jase Empty Re: Jase

Post by Lou Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:27 pm

As I put in the episode discussion, tonight's episode lived up to the hype, mainly down to the brilliant acting by Jamie Borthwick.

I felt even less sorry for Jase by the end of it though. It was Shirley reminding Dawn what Jase did for a living, how many people has he left bleeding on a hospital table in order to satisfy Dawn's insatiable appetite for bling?

People like Jase deserve what they get really, they heap misery on other people. The only problem is the misery now is heaped on Jay, because Jase is out of it.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:53 pm

Jase definitely disappointed me. I had such high hopes for him when he first arrived and his scenes with Jay were just perfect, both of them stumbling through this fractured relationship and finding a real bond, the kind of bond Ian Beale has never come close to with his own kids. Jase's relationships with Roxy then Dawn ruined his relationship with Jay. I wish the writers had the courage to just let him be a single parent, but they seem to have a massive fear of single mums and single dads and need to get them into bed with someone as quick as possible. Maybe if the actor hadn't wanted to leave he might have been allowed to have a father/son relationship but they had to make him dodgy and that was the end of it.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: