Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make them work for their benefits

2 posters

Go down

Make them work for their benefits Empty Make them work for their benefits

Post by HiJo Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:23 am

Another brilliant idea from the Tory camp (aka new labour). For a start, a huge majority of benefits claimants have every right to claim so calling them all idle and shiftless is incredibly insulting. Secondly, aren't there already rules in place to make sure that able-bodied people cannot turn down job after job without losing some of their benefits? And last but not least, exactly what work are they planning on having benefits claimants do?

Cos I don't understand it, if there is bona fide work why not just make it a proper job with a wage and tax and insurance and give it to somebody out of work? Or do all these Tories suffer from Daily Mail Complex and think the great unwashed just need a boot in their nether regions to get them working?

I'm all for getting the cheats out of the system and into employment. Sort that out and all the problems will be solved, and those who really need to be in the system can be left in peace.

Last edited by HiJo on Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Make them work for their benefits Empty Re: Make them work for their benefits

Post by Lou Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:41 am

I think there are thousands out there that would love to work, but where are all these jobs coming from? I resume when they 'force' people on benefits into work they will be giving them jobs such are street cleaning, rubbish picking etc. In other words they will devalue the people who are doing those jobs now, bascially telling them their jobs are worthless (when in fact without street cleaners or any cleaners this country would be drowning in rubbish, because the riff raff would still fly tip and thrown their rubbish on the streets).

I already disagree in a way about making criminals do unpaid work. I can see the logic..putting something back into society, but its also putting someone out of a job and the government are getting something done for free Evil or Very Mad
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down