Kennedy Proud of Corrie Role

Go down

Kennedy Proud of Corrie Role Empty Kennedy Proud of Corrie Role

Post by Lou on Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:03 am

Kevin Kennedy has revealed that he is "proud" to have played Curly Watts on Coronation Street.

The actor, who starred in the ITV soap for 20 years, insisted that he has never been concerned with distancing himself from his Corrie persona.

He explained: "That sort of thing never leaves you and I'm very proud. I never want to deny it or get away from it, I enjoy it. If I didn't have that kind of back catalogue then I wouldn't be where I am now."

Kennedy, who will soon appear in comedy musical The eXtra-Factor, admitted that he would consider making a return to Weatherfield.

He said: "I never say never. I still chat to the producers about other things and that's still a possibility. But we have to wait until the right time and the right story comes along."

Wow I cant believe he was in it for 20 years, it certainly doesnt seem that long
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Kennedy Proud of Corrie Role Empty Re: Kennedy Proud of Corrie Role

Post by Sally on Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:54 am

If they brought curly back it would have to be without his wife, she's in something else now.
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:58 am

The only real connection Curly has in Weatherfield now is Emily from when he used to lodge with her, because Reg and Maureen have gone. I suppose he might get on well with Jack because he used to be a friend of Terry.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by louastra on Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:53 am

It would be good to see him back with a Son maybe a spitting image of Curly when he was young, and doing the same stuff, then you could have Curly advising him so as not to do the same things as he did.
louastra
louastra
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 622

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally on Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:00 am

I can't think of how old Curly and Emma's little boy would be now, I'd forgotten all about him. He wouldn't be a teenager, maybe about six or seven. It would be good to see Curly back as a single dad with junior in tow but it would be sad if they killed off his missus to do it.

I like louastra's idea, maybe they could cast a boy with straight hair they could cut into a pudding bowl shape. Laughing
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down