Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EE thread for August

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

EE thread for August Empty EE thread for August

Post by HiJo Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:40 pm

I felt so sorry for Liz tonight, burying her boy with only two mourners. But I'm still not sure about her being written out as long as Libby's in Walford. She's made friends there and she's close to Libby so it makes sense she would stay. I'd have thought Dot would have gone to the funeral, she's become a friend to Liz and if anybody knows what it's like to love a wayward son, Dot knows.

Does anyone know why Denise is still in hospital? I might've missed something but I thought she was physically all right. My experience of hospitals is that they get rid of you as soon as possible, but there's Denise taking up a private room for over a week when there's nothing wrong with her.

HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

EE thread for August Empty Re: EE thread for August

Post by Lou Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:42 am

I wondered what had happened to Denise as well. You're right Jo, there's no way a hospital would keep her in if she was okay.

The end made me chuckle.... "Louise has gone!!! ", switch camera and she's just in the market Laughing Hardly dramatic.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:52 am

Peggy is such a fool. You never criticise a child's mum, no wonder Louise had a tantrum. It was terrible of Peggy to tell the little girl that her dad would make a better job of looking after her than her mum did.
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:51 pm

While I'm not in favour of hitting your mum, I've got to wonder what's wrong with Peggy Mitchell. That's both her sons who have now slapped her across the face. The child playing Louise looked both disgusted and terrified, and I just wish Phil had turned around in time to catch that look on her face. That would have sorted him out quicker than anything Peggy could say.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:23 pm

It certainly would have. I didn't see much, except for Carol making a fool of herself.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:22 pm

So it's goodbye to the Fox girls. Good riddance, as far as I'm concerned. But why all the tears over Libby, she's going no place she hasn't been for the past year. She could still nip home four times a week like she has been doing Laughing so I liked Denise telling her not to come home so often.

Peggy smacking Lisa's face certainly took care of any sympathy she might have got over her own injuries. In Peggy's world, you hit when you're annoyed. So she has no room to complain.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:43 pm

I'm glad for once Peggy did the right thing. Trust Phil to blame Shirley though. You're right though Jo, she lost all credibility with that slap.

So is that the end of Libby and Chelsea, after all these years it was a bit of a nothing exit. Leaves the door open for a return I guess, but you'd want to out in a blaze of glory wouldn't you.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:14 pm

Missed Friday's episode, how come Phil was drinking with Tanya's sister (forgot her name)?

I hadn't even realised Janine and Ryan hadn't been in it for a while Laughing
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:17 am

Phil, stumbling about drunk, came across Rainie sitting in the square after Max threw her out of the house. I think Phil just recognised a kindred spirit because the next thing we saw was last night's episode with both of them out of their heads.

I do hope Shirley doesn't take him back after this. I can't understand Heather defending him the way she does when he's been horrible to her all along. Heather was right about Shirley not being there for her like she promised, but what did she expect? The woman couldn't even be there for her own children.
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:15 am

I know we're supposed to see Ryan and Janine as a love story but they're both so dysfunctional it's difficult to like either of them. Ryan seems to stand by while Janine insults people, then he apologises on her behalf. But I'm not sure why Stacey's so grumpy again and why she found it necessary to even mention the motorbike. She deserved Janine making her fun of her.
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:11 pm

I don't like Janine or Ryan either, they're well suited to each other.

Not sure what Carol's stunt with the knicker drawer was supposed to achieve, but no doubt Bianca is doing something entirely innocent.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:50 pm

Phil does a good drunk, and druggie too. Typical of Peggy and her big mouth to be bad mouthing him to Grant.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:40 pm

Missed yesterday's episode. but I'm glad everything was out in the open tonight, hopefully Glenda will be off soon.

I didn't feel sorry for Shirley at all, not after the way she spoke to Heather. Whether Heather should grow up or not, Shirley had promised to help her.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:27 am

I was shocked at Glenda's secret, she actually sounded jealous of Ronnie for getting Archie's attention. I hope she just leaves now, there's nothing in Walford for her any more.
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:01 pm

Missed so much of this, can't really be bothered sitting through it all trying to catch up. I did enjoy seeing Minty shouting at Peggy. She does take a lot for granted, ordering him about like that. I was sorry to see Sam back, I really cannot take to the character at all.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:49 pm

No Peggy today, what a relief. But the final scene with Heather and Minty rolling around on the sofa, it's bound to end in tears. Rolling Eyes
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:51 pm

I didn't like Minty tonight though. He doesn't really want Heather, he's just fed up because Sam knocked him back.

I'm glad Dot told Max what she thought, I can't believe he didn't collect Bradley's ashes.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:56 pm

I forgot about the ashes, my memory is as bad as Max's Shocked . So much for the grieving dad. Stacey is just as much to blame though. Has she forgotten poor Bradley already?
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:32 pm

Poor stupid Heather. And Minty is even more stupid if he still wants Sam, and he does. Syed and Tamwar looked disgusted at Roxy and Christian. I don't blame them, they have a combined age of nearly 70 and they were acting like silly kids. Couldn't they have a night out without getting blind drunk?
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:21 pm

Didn't really watch tonight's, too bust sorting out this little chap who came to live with us today Very Happy

EE thread for August 016-1

But I did see Roxy and Christian coming back, was Christian wearing Roxy's skirt?
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:22 am

You've got a puppy! What's his name? I love you

Roxy was showing rather a lot of leg in the final scenes and I did wonder if she lost her skirt. Not sure how Christian ended up with it though.
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:02 pm

He's called Sam Smile

You just know all this is going to blow up in Jane's face, she would have been better just letting Ian know that she knows, I feel sorry for Peter who once again is stuck in the middle.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:21 am

That puppy is just too cute. He's smaller than the teddy Sleep He's not wreaking havoc in that picture, but he may have already started. Lou, you'll learn to repeat to yourself "he's just a puppy, he's just a puppy" when you feel like punting him out of the nearest window Laughing What kind of dog is he?

I was quite pleased with Jane's reaction because I thought we were going to get another repeat of Jane walking out cos she'd had enough. If she's going to be as devious as Ian and Lucy have been, good luck to her. I just hope Peter doesn't warn Ian. I'd love to see him taken to the cleaners.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:04 am

He's a jack russell/border terrier cross Jo. So far he's been good (ish) although I gave in last night and let him sleep on my bed Embarassed because he doesn't like being alone at night. I know I shouldn't but it's just sooo hard to ignore his little whines.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:48 pm

Oooh, big mistake. Understandable though, he's just a baby who's been taken from his family and thrust into a houseful of strangers. If you're serious about making him sleep in his basket, try a hot water bottle (well wrapped) or a ticking clock nearby. And don't go to him, no matter how heart rending the noise he makes. It might take a few nights, but he'll eventually settle down.

If you don't mind him on your bed, you're all set. Laughing Just remember puppy bladders are tiny. There might be accidents. Shocked

EE tonight, didn't like it at all. I hate Becca and how stupid is Stacey, not taking her pills? I don't like Jean, but did feel a bit sorry for her tonight. Hate Sam. Ricky is another idiot, going to the hospital again. And why on earth is Minty still hanging around? He's already forgotten what he said about building a family with Heather and George.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next