Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EE thread for April

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

EE thread for April Empty EE thread for April

Post by HiJo Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:25 pm

Who knew Jack was so popular? So many people wringing their hands and weeping over him when he'd been ignored by everybody (apart from whoever he was sleeping with) for months.

I must admit that I do like Adam. EE hasn't tried to make him into a Tiny Tim figure, but Adam himself goes for the sympathy vote. He was right to challenge Chelsea for "blanking the cripple", she really is a rude little madam. I'm glad we were spared the sight of Adam being knocked out of his wheelchair and dragging himself to a store cupboard, but Darren's description of it made me laugh. It's exactly what Adam would do, save his own neck and let Libby fend for herself. Laughing
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

EE thread for April Empty Re: EE thread for April

Post by Lou Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:37 pm

Carol's weeping and wailing was a bit OTT, she hadn't seen Jack for years before Biancas wedding.

At least Max was true to form, he's always been jealous of Jack, and is still acting like a baby because an uncle does something nice for his niece.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:39 pm

ooo shock, horror, Danny's not on the level, fancy that Rolling Eyes

I've no idea what Ryan sees in Janine, he knows she's only out for herself,it'll be just the same with him.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:17 pm

I'm so glad to have it confirmed that Danny doesn't really dote on Roxy after all. I'd love to see him get away with whatever he and Glenda are planning but Phil always wins so it won't happen.

Don't like Louise. So she wants rid of Shirley and I've no doubts Shirley's on the way out.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:44 pm

I wasn't at all surprised by the final scene, Billie's been building up to that for weeks. Carol really does treat him like a child, what mother would humiliate her son in the pub like that? He's a grown man. And I did enjoy Carol bursting Peggy's balloon by saying what Grant is really like, a nutter with a short fuse.

I did understand Carol though, no mother wants her son in Afghanistan.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:18 pm

Haven't really watched the last couple of days, but I'm not surprised at Billies outburst.

I'm a bit confused. I thought Syed and Amira had their own place after they came back from honeymoon, what happened to it?

Tamwar must have got that camera off the back of a lorry if he got it for £200 Laughing
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:33 pm

Zainab always manages to make things so much worse, she's quite a dab hand at it Laughing

None of them seem overly concerned about Jack now, he's all but forgotten.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:25 am

Against all my inclinations, I feel sorry for Zainab. She's a bully and a control freak and this is one situation she can't control. She knows in her heart that Christian is right about Syed and she's terrified her boy will go to hell. Seeing her actually get physical with Christian was such a shock, she's never done anything like that before so she must be at her wits end.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:03 pm

Jim is just breaking my heart, or John the actor is. Strokes are such terrible things, I would've hoped he'd be much improved by now but he really isn't. At least he can say more than "yeah" now, he's added "all right" to his repertoire. All credit to the man but it's hard to watch when you know most of it isn't acting.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:35 pm

I agree, and tonight's episode must have been really hard for him, because it will have hit so close to home Sad

Talk about recycling storylines, do we really have to go through Peggy running for councillor again!
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:08 pm

It's all too silly, the two women running for the same seat. There's nothing to choose between the pair of them.

Poor Amira. At least Christian looked a bit conscience-stricken, and so he should
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:36 pm

Two women without a clue!

I thought Phil had got over his macho rubbish regarding Ben and his dancing, although I have to say they looked like a pair of idiots prancing away like that.

I've never been keen on Amira,, so I'm finding it hard to feel sorry for her, although I feel far less sorry for Christian.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:46 am

Last nights episode seemed a bit wishy washy. I couldn't understand why Christian didn't just rip the wallpaper off to stop Amira seeing it, rather than wait for new wallpaper to arrive.

And surely Jack would have a catheter since he can't move!
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:22 am

I don't think the episode was well written at all. You can't wallpaper on top of wallpaper that's only recently been put up. You're not actually supposed to wallpaper on top of wallpaper at all, unless you really can't get the paper off. That wallpaper in Syed's flat would just fall off and take the other wallpaper with it. A lot of wallpapers in that sentence. Laughing

Christian is disgusting. Syed is disgusting. Poor Masood has now been thoroughly traumatised but I've a feeling he's going to keep this to himself for a while. To have sex in a place where they're so likely to be caught, I can't help but think they deserve all they get. I'm not too fond of Amira either, but she does seem to be trying to make the marriage work which is more than the spineless Syed is doing. And Christian should have moved away. If he couldn't control his feelings for Syed, he should have left Walford. Like I said, he's disgusting.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:00 am

I wasn't sure if he could see Syed from where he was, I wondered if he just say Christian's back, and that's why he said sorry and rushed off.

But I agree Jo, Christian should have moved away.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:01 pm

Well now we know, Masood did see Syed. He just doesn't know how to handle it right now. Christian would be much happier if he knew their secret was out. He's such a tart.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:34 pm

Missed it tonight, what a shame, I hoped Mas would be spared.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:40 am

If you can, try and see the end of the episode Lou. It shows how deeply this revelation has affected Masood, even though he's still smiling away.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:40 pm

You could tell in tonight's episode how much it affected him. I feel so sorry for him in a way I didn't for Zainab.

I wish they'd stop showing Ben prancing around, I know he's supposed to like dancing, but he's just no good at it Very Happy
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:53 am

I watched a few episodes last night to try to catch up. I'm not really interested in airhead Ronnie and her indecision over whether or not she loves Jack but I'm glad someone else has found out about Syed.
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:32 pm

Great to see Ronnie finally making a decision.

And how do the two airheads in the salon know they each got the right pregnancy test back? What a silly storyline. And would someone really make a huge announcement like that on the basis of being a few days late, without checking first?
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:02 pm

That's what I thought, but then again it is Amira, she's not exactly known for using her brain! Chelsea neither.

I didn't like the sound of Roxy saying the doctor had picked the wrong sister, I hope this doesn't mean another Mitchell sister shareathon.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:19 pm

Kamil is such a beautiful baby. I wish mine had been so placid and well-behaved. sunny

I don't understand why Masood was so accepting of Zainab's zen-like reaction to her son's homosexuality. Doesn't he know the woman at all? Why wasn't he even slightly suspicious that she was being so reasonable? He should have known immediately that it wasn't news to her, especially since he'd been questionning her actions towards Christian lately and wondering why she was so nasty to him.

Still, Amira not being pregnant (or is she? I think she is) doesn't alter Syed's position. His tears didn't move me at all, he could have spared her all that grief if he wasn't such a coward. He should never have married her.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:57 pm

Missed it again tonight, I'll try and catch it on iPlayer. I've discovered the bad side of cancelling sky, no sky+ with record facility Sad
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm

Ugh Christian. He makes me shudder, all tearful and sad. What a terrible thing to do, outing someone like that. Not that I'm sorry for Syed, all my sympathy goes to Amira and the Masoods. I hope we get to see what happens when Syed Junior is born.

The more I see of Denise and Lucas, the more I wonder why they ever got married. We know that Lucas is a hypocrite but Denise doesn't, so her mocking of his religious convictions is appalling.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next