One Tree Hill

Go down

One Tree Hill Empty One Tree Hill

Post by Callum on Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:08 pm

Okay, before you all shoot me down in flames let me explain why this show is not just another OC and not just another teen drama. This show has always been a lot more meaningful than The OC, whether it be storylines, writing and characters -- all have so much more depth than all the cast of The OC put together.

So they're young and attractive, shallow perhaps, but it's not used in the way The OC used the beauty and glamour. It's a very real feeling show, if you can manage to look past the fact these 18 year old characters actually look about 24.

But after four seasons - despite dodgy ratings and various threats on cancellation - this show was renewed yet again, for it's fifth. And that's when everything changed. They skipped in time, 5 years, and now we're following them through adulthood, rather than their teenage years.

And, yet again, it's been renewed for a Season Six - this was the show that constantly came second to The OC, yet it's outlasted it by 2 years, minimum. That's a big thing for a little show to do.

OK, it has it's bad points. Sometimes storylines can be contrived, but other times it can be so raw and brilliant. I'm s excited for the 6th season because, apparently, it's going to some "dark places" which sounds excellent.

It might not appeal to people on here, but my constant preaching of it has converted five of my friends - all previous HUGE OC fans - onto this show and they're hooked. What can I say, I'm fabulous.

But not as good as this show Wink
Callum
Callum

Number of posts : 13
Humor : Sarcastic FTW
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

One Tree Hill Empty Re: One Tree Hill

Post by Lou on Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:27 pm

I dont think there's anything wrong with glamour etc in a show, except for the likes of EE, because it bills itself as being realistic and gritty. But us oldies had the likes of Baywatch that were all tits and arse, but it was all good fun and a bit of escapism Smile

I've never actually seen OTH, or even seen it advertised Embarassed , what side is it on?
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Callum on Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:38 pm

It's on E4 and they treat it AWFULLY. I don't know when it's on though because I've watched it online but it might be a Sunday. They never advertise it, only when the viewers complain about it being shifted around the schedule. Then in the advert they take the piss out of the viewers complaining... :wall:
Callum
Callum

Number of posts : 13
Humor : Sarcastic FTW
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down