Thursday 23rd July

Go down

Thursday 23rd July Empty Thursday 23rd July

Post by Sally on Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:19 am

I realise we're supposed to be siding with Maria against her unreasonable in-laws, but I can't. I think her behaviour has been childish and I think it's only natural that Liam's parents are suspicious about Tony. If I was in their position and found a new man playing daddy to my dead son's newborn child, I'd be extremely annoyed. Maria has the right to move on with her life, but to get over Liam in just a few months (and that's how it looks to the Conners) makes her seem a bit of a slapper. And why is she so totally dependent on Tony anyway? She's quite pathetic and needs a few lessons from another single parent in how to cope alone.

On the other hand, they had no right to lay down the law about baby Liam's christening. To be christened in the Catholic church, you have to be brought up a Catholic. The Conners know Maria isn't Catholic, so how do they expect that to work? Grandma Conner's barbed remarks to Maria are totally at odds with the motherly figure she presented in the past. I can't wait to see her reaction when Maria tells them what their son was up to before he died.
Sally
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Thursday 23rd July Empty Re: Thursday 23rd July

Post by Lou on Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:03 pm

I didn't see Thursdays episode, but judging from Friday I think I'd more likely be on Maria's side. Even though I don't particularly like her either.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down