Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teacher on attempted murder charge

3 posters

Go down

Teacher on attempted murder charge Empty Teacher on attempted murder charge

Post by HiJo Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:29 pm

The story today of the teacher attacking a pupil was shocking. But the first thing I thought when I heard it was that it was a decent teacher snapping under the strain on one more mouthy chav giving him no respect. And it does look like that's exactly what happened. According to ex-pupils, the teacher was considered "inspirational".

What a sad end to a career cos, whatever happens to him in court, he will never teach again. I have sympathy for the man, but teachers and police officers have to rise above it. However tempting, they cannot lift heavy objects and hit people with them, he was lucky not to kill that boy though it does seem that, for an insane moment or two, that was his intention.

I'd like to know exactly what happened, and if the boy had a history of winding up his teachers. Not that he deserves brain damage for it, but his parents have a lot to answer for if it's true and so does the school for not taking action before it came to this.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Teacher on attempted murder charge Empty Re: Teacher on attempted murder charge

Post by lulu Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:52 pm

Yeah, It'll be interesting when the truth of the situation emerges. I don't condone this teacher's actions for one moment, but he's a human being and we all have our breaking point. This man will definitely not be able to teach again, and may very well end up in prison. I really hope this boy makes a full and speedy recovery.
lulu
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:49 pm

It does seem a strange one, he must have been provoked such a lot to snap like that.

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything from the other students in the class yet, to shed a bit more light on the story.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:00 pm

Haven't heard anything further about this, except that the teacher concerned had just returned to work after being off sick with a stress-induced stroke. And he's only 49, how stressed would you need to be to actually suffer a stroke?

Some people have been calling for an end to the automatic suspension of teachers when accused of something by pupils. About time, I would say. Protect the kids, by all means, but don't automatically take the word of some spoiled mouthy little brat over the word of a respected teacher (and I know that not all teachers deserve respect, any more than all kids deserve to be considered "innocent" just because they are children).
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:10 pm

I would imagine being a teacher is one of the most stressful jobs going.

It also shows that these doctors who poo-poo stress and depression as not being 'real' illnesses and send people back to work too early, are taking a huge risk with people's lives.

Okay this time he only hit one kid (or was it 2), but he could have flipped completely and took a gun into the school because the doctors said he was fit for work, even though he told them he wasn't.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down