Madonna wants to adopt again

Go down

Madonna wants to adopt again

Post by Lou on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:03 pm

Link

In a way I can understand the concerns that Madonna isn't stable and the child would spend a lot of her time in the company of nannies, but it has to be better than the life the child has now.
yyy
Having said that, why doesn't Madonna donate a shed load of money to the children, and allow them to stay in the culture they're used to?

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

View user profile http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Madonna wants to adopt again

Post by lulu on Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:00 pm

I agree Lou, if this is about the child and not Madonna then the child's best interests should come first. It just seems to me that whatever Madonna wants she gets. If I were her I would concentrate on the children she already has, and by all means give money to support less fortunate children.
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1897
Registration date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:43 am

The people who know about this kind of thing say that the child is always better off being raised by its extended family if both parents are dead, or even just remaining in its community if it has no family left. I think that's an idealised version of it because the people in this "community" are raising their own children and these orphans will never be as important to them.

I don't know if Madonna is doing the right thing for the right reasons, or what. But I do know that criticising her is only going to make her more determined to get her way.

I heard she's donated toys and clothes to the orphanage David came from. Big deal. She's rolling in money, she could support the entire orphanage out of her loose change. That would surely be better than just rescuing one or two children.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu on Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:43 am

It seems that Madonna has been stopped in her tracks and the adoption is not allowed to go ahead. Watch this space, it will only be a matter of time before Madonna gets what she wants.
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:07 am

I just heard that on the radio. She's definitely someone who's used to getting what she wants, so I don't think she'll give up yet.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:13 pm

I'm quite surprised cos she was allowed to bend the residency rules last time. I heard she's going to appeal, so we'll see.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally on Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:00 am

I think Madonna would earn more praise if she just supported the orphanage financially. It's not as if she can't afford it and more than just one child would benefit if she did that.
Sally
Elder Council
Elder Council

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:20 pm

lulu wrote:It seems that Madonna has been stopped in her tracks and the adoption is not allowed to go ahead. Watch this space, it will only be a matter of time before Madonna gets what she wants.

Do you have a crystal ball, Lulu? Laughing

I hope it all works out, for baby Mercy's sake.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:14 pm

I think it's wrong that people can circumvent laws just because they have money. Maybe the child will have a better life, but maybe she will suffer from being brought up in an alien culture.

I can't see Madonna as the loving mumsy type, I imagine all her kids have been brought up by nannies.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu on Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:47 am

So Madonna gets what she wants yet again, using her money and power. The thing that I don't understand is what this little girl was doing in an orphanage when she was clearly not an orphan. Her father battled for custody, so was she placed there due to poverty? If so Madonna could have used her money to re-unite her with her father. I would not like to think I had caused another human being that sort of misery.
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:02 pm

Me n the husband were discussing this tonight. He sees the situation totally different to the way I do.There's a programme(I love spelling that the English way) next monday 9pm, think it's ch4 covering the adoption story. Should be interesting.
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:12 pm

I think I see it the same as you Lulu. Adoption is all well and good (and an amazing thing to do) if the child has no family at all. But if a child can be kept with his/her family, then they should be.

Living a life with loads of money, surrounded by nannies galore might should amazing, but deep down all kids really want is the love of their family.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu on Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:04 pm

Did anyone watch the adoption story tonight? I think I was wrong about Mercy's father's intentions, but grandma certainly wanted the child. I personally think what Madonna has done is morally wrong. That little girl has family who love her and want her.It should never be about money.'
lulu
Elder Council
Elder Council

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: