Doctor Who

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Doctor Who

Post by Lou on Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:32 am

The Sun wrote:DOCTOR Who is to face a new evil menace — a mutant Cyberman.

Bosses of the hit BBC1 sci-fi drama plan to unleash the scary mutant in this year’s Christmas special.

Cybershade is described as “Cyberman gone bad”.

An insider said: “Like we did with the Daleks, we’ve taken the original robot and made it a bit more sinister.

“The Cybershade is a mutant with some of the looks of the Cybermen — but it is a much darker creation.

“Fans always want something new.

“Just wheeling out Cybermen again would be tame.”

New show chief Stephen Moffat has promised a host of new baddies for four Who specials.

He stressed: “We’re not in the business of being nostalgic — we’re making nostalgia for the future.”
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

View user profile http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctor Who

Post by HiJo on Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:11 am

It's not exactly original, is it? Like they did with the daleks, it's taking an old idea and adding a bit. It's just a shame that they invest so much time on daleks and cyberemen instead of coming up with something completely new.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonze on Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:16 pm

New - like the creatures made from human fat ? Wink
Bonze

Number of posts : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:30 pm

Bonze wrote:New - like the creatures made from human fat ? Wink
Sounds lovely, glad I dont watch Surprised
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Rose is to needy

Post by Lou on Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:40 am

The Sun wrote:NEW Doctor Who chief Steven Moffatt says Billie Piper will NOT return to the hit show — because her character Rose is “too needy”.

Rose was last seen heading off into the sunset with a clone of the timelord at the end of the fourth series.

TV beauty Billie, 25, is 6½ months pregnant and does not plan to act next year. But Steven — who is taking over from Russell T Davies as writer and executive producer of the show — ruled out a Rose comeback.

He admitted he admired the Doc ditching Rose, saying: “You have to hand it to the Doctor for dumping a slightly needy girlfriend by palming her off on a copy of himself.

“He tried leaving her in a parallel universe and that didn’t work!”

Steven was speaking at the Comic Con event in Los Angeles. He also revealed he turned down working with legendary director Steven Spielberg on the film version of Tintin to take on Doctor Who.

He said: “You treat Doctor Who like a sad little fanboy who’s just been given an enormous toy to play with.”

Steven denied that worried parents would force him to rein in the Doctor Who creepiness in series five of the drama. He joked: “I would say to parents — tough!”

Bosses are still trying to tempt star David Tennant, 37, to make a full return in the new series with a £1.5million offer.
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:30 pm

I like Billie Piper but I think it's the right decision not to have Rose back. She's obviously in love with the Doctor so where can the storyline go from here? Just leave her where she is with the clone. Very Happy
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arien on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:24 pm

I love Doctor Who. I used to love Rose as well, but I didn't really like her when she came back at the end of the last series there. I was gutted by her original exit, but now I think she maybe left at the right time.

Arien

Number of posts : 36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:21 pm

Link

Here's the new cyberman
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:14 am

The Sun wrote:DOCTOR Who will become Doctor Two this Christmas, when the Time Lord meets a future version of himself.

Show creator Russell T Davies revealed: “The real heart of it is the beginning.

“The Doctor arrives, hears a damsel in distress, he steps forward to save her when this other man swings in, dashing, brilliant, amazing, clever, witty, saves the day.

“The Doctor says: ‘Who are you?’ The man says, ‘I’m the Doctor!’ The Doctor becomes his companion. There will be a beautiful woman too, of course, but really it’s the Doctor paired with a new Doctor.”

David Morrissey plays Time Lord No 2 in the festive episode called The Next Doctor.

Russell added the next series of the hit BBC1 show would be sexier under new lead writer and executive producer Steven Moffat.

Russell, who is stepping aside, added: “Look at Steven — he’s a writer clearly driven by sex.”

He also admitted that Hollywood superstar Kate Winslet had turned down a role in the last series to play the Doctor’s wife.
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:08 am

I like David Morrissey, I wonder if he'll be the new doc when Tennant leaves or if this is just a one-off.

I don't blame Kate Winslet, it would be a bit of a come down from big-screen blockbusters to Doctor Who. Laughing
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:38 am

FANCY a glimpse inside the Tardis? The Beeb is opening its hallowed studio doors to a lucky handful of competition winners - and it's all for Children In Need.

Fans of Doctor Who, Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures can enter a phone-in contest, with all profits going to the charity, in a bid to win a 'once in a lifetime' experience at the BBC Wales studios on November 8 and 9

The winners will peek at the closely-guarded sets, meet some of the Doctor's arch enemies and the the set designers, costumiers and make-up artists who help to make the magic happen.

Producer Russell T Davies said: "This is so exciting – giving fans the opportunity to take a behind the scenes look at where we film Doctor Who, Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures is just brilliant.

"It'll be the perfect opportunity for the whole family to experience something unique and truly extraordinary. It will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience – and the best thing is that all the money raised will go towards BBC Children in Need."

To win a place on the studio tour, listen out for a multiple choice question on the Chris Moyles show on BBC Radio 1 and on BBC Radio Wales and BBC Radio Cymru on Friday 26th September, and on the Doctor Who website – www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho.

This year's Children in Need will air on Friday, November 14.
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:19 am

ACTING legend Patrick Stewart is to make a giant leap across space — from Star Trek to Doctor Who.

He has agreed to a major role in the Time Lord’s next series after teaming up with the Doctor (David Tennant) on stage.

The pair starred in a production of Hamlet in the summer. Patrick — Captain Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek — has been offered a role in a two-parter involving the Daleks, set to be screened next year.

The new series will also see the return of classic alien enemies the Ice Warriors and the Zygons. Patrick, 68, is a big Doctor Who admirer and has spoken in the past of his desire to star in the show.

He said: “I have been a fan, actually yes, and I’m deeply dismayed that I was never asked to be in it. I think it’s a terrific series.” A source said: “Patrick and David are firm friends now, and want to work together again. They’ve got chemistry and that’s what Doctor Who is all about.

“Patrick’s role is still being finalised but the plan is for him to play a renegade Time Lord called the Meddling Monk, who was last seen in Doctor Who in the 1960s. The Doctor thought his entire race was wiped out and gets a huge surprise to find another member of his species.”

The Monk was originally played by Carry On film favourite Peter Butterworth. Our insider added: “Patrick’s agent is now involved and everyone is really keen. His role is a belter.”
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:24 am

I liked Patrick Stewart as Captain picard but I can't take him seriously since I saw him in Extras. It makes me laugh just thinking about it. Laughing
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:44 am

I've never seen Extras, so to me Patrick Stewart is Jean-Luc, I cant imagine him in anything else.
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:29 pm

He was as unlike Jean Luc as possible. He'd written a screenplay in which every female character's clothes fell off and "I saw everything". He was like a 14-year-old boy in Captain Picard's body. He also made fun of TNG

Ricky Gervais's character "I've never seen Star Trek"

Patrick Stewart "Oh your wife won't let you watch it?"

RG "I'm not married"

PS "Your girlfriend then?"

RG "I'm single"

PS "You're not married, you don't have a girlfriend.....and you've never seen Star Trek?"

Laughing
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:12 pm

DOCTOR Who star David Tennant has decided to quit as the Time Lord after four years.

He will leave the Tardis for good after completing the filming of four special episodes to be screened this year and in early 2010 as well as 2009’s Christmas special.

Tennant, 37 — the 10th Doctor — announced he was leaving in a video message to fans last night after he won the Outstanding Drama Performance gong for the third time in a row at the National TV Awards.

He was unable to be at London’s Royal Albert Hall — where Doctor Who also won Most Popular Drama — because he is in a stage play.

The BBC had tried desperately to keep Tennant, who has won an army of fans.

He was offered £1.5million and was trying to negotiate a film of the series in the deal.But he decided to concentrate on a Hollywood film career.

Tennant said: “I’ve had the most brilliant, bewildering and life-changing time working on Doctor Who. I have loved every day of it.

“It would be easy to cling on to the Tardis console but I fear that if I don’t take a deep breath and make the decision to move on now, I never will.

Advertisement

“You would be prising the Tardis key out of my cold dead hand. This show has been so special to me, I don’t want to outstay my welcome.”

He added: “This is all a long way off, of course. I’m not quitting, I’m back in January to film four special episodes which will take Doctor Who all the way through 2009.

“I’m still the Doctor all next year but when the time finally comes I’ll be honoured to hand on the best job in the world to the next lucky git, whoever that may be.

“I feel very privileged to have been part of this incredible phenomenon. I’m looking forward to new challenges but I’ll always be proud to be the 10th Doctor.”

Catherine Tate is set to return as Donna Noble in one of the specials — and the film is still in the pipeline.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by louastra on Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:12 am

Christopher Eccleston will always be my fave, but Dave Tennant was a great dr, wonder who will take his place?
louastra
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 622

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:01 am

David Tennant is doing the right thing. If he wants a hollywood career he'll need to do it now. At 37, he's already a bit long in the tooth for just starting out over there. There's room for very few Brits just starting out on the wrong side of thirty. Hugh Laurie is one of the lucky ones.

I think James Nesbitt would be good but he said in an interview that he doesn't want to follow David Tennent. He thinks Tennent is too good in the role, whoever comes after is going to find it hard.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:01 am

IT’S not long until Christmas – which means sci-fi fans have a little over a week to wait until the Doctor Who special hits our screens.

The episode – which airs on Christmas Day on BBC1 – is set on Christmas Eve in 1851 and sees the Time Lord (played by David Tennant) land in a London threatened by Cybermen.

He also meets another character who calls himself the Doctor, played by David Morrissey – rumoured to be taking over Tennant’s role after he leaves the show.

And Ballykissangel actress Dervla Kirwan shows up as the Doctor’s new sidekick.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:47 am

ALL TEN Timelords will appear in the explosive Dr Who Christmas special.

Producers travelled back in time to pick out old footage of the actors. Three are now dead.

Show chief Russell T Davies said: “It’s nice for fans to see the old doctors. And it helps kids get their heads round the fact there have been lots of them.”

The ten, from William Hartnell in 1963 to the latest David Tennant, will appear in The Next Doctor alongside new foes, the Cybershades. They are hairy, mutant cousins of the evil Cybermen — but they’re not the only enemy the Doc faces.

TV Biz saw a sneak preview of the action-packed Christmas Day show in which a huge robot Cyber King, controlled by sinister Mercy Hartigan (Dervla Kerwan), stalks Victorian London.

There is also a crucial scene in which the Doctor attempts to get ANOTHER Doc — played by David Morrissey — to understand the succession of Timelords.

Fans also see sidekick Rosita (Velile Tshabalala) and an early Tardis — a rickety hot air balloon.

Meanwhile, Russell revealed he would like Hollywood beauty Catherine Zeta Jones, 39, or Clocking Off star Lesley Sharp, 44, to play the first female Doctor when Tennant leaves next year.

He said of having a Time Lady: “The more it’s talked about, the more likely it is to happen. Catherine Zeta Jones or Lesley Sharp would be brilliant.”

Several men are also in the frame, including David Morrissey, 44, Martin Clunes, 47, and David Walliams, 37.

Russell — who is leaving the show after Tennant quits — said producers would take their time over the appointment.

The show is on BBC1 at 6pm on Christmas Day.

That will be quite something to see, I cant remember any other programmes bringing all the previous actors into one episode. Although I cant think of any where the main character changes faces so often Laughing

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:39 am

I can't imagine how it will work, with the early doctors being in black and white.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:49 pm

I enjoyed the Christmas Dr Who and I'm glad that David Morrissey definitely isn't the new one. Don't fancy Martin Clunes or David Walliams in it either.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:00 pm

I cant imagine Martin Clunes as The Doctor, he'll always just be a man behaving badly to me Laughing

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:20 pm

MATT Smith has been announced as the new star of Doctor Who.

At 26, the History Boys actor is the youngest star ever to be cast in the roll.

He takes over from David Tennant in 2010 when he will become the 11th Doctor.

He said: "I've got this wonderful journey in front of me where I've got these six months to build this Time Lord - and that's such an exciting prospect.”

And current star David Tennant will be on hand to guide him.

Matt added: “I have been warned about what to expect and I think David is going to be a good source of information for that as well.”

The previous doctors are William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann and Christopher Eccleston.

Retiring star David added: “I’m proud to be one of 11.”

Piers Wenger, head of drama at BBC Wales, said that as soon as he had seen Smith's audition he "knew he was the one".

He said: "It was abundantly clear that he had that 'Doctor-ness' about him.

"You are either the Doctor or you are not."

Cant say that I know him at all. Even the picture in the Sun doesnt ring a bell.

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:40 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7807996.stm

Seems other people might not have heard of him, since this article is entitled 'Who on Earth is Matt Smith?' Laughing

My Review Blog

Sam's Story
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content