Tues 29th July

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tues 29th July

Post by Lou on Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:51 pm

There was more emotion in that one tear and the look on Seans face than any scene Ronnie has ever been in, no wonder Roxy prefers to be with him. I really wish EE had done something to keep Robert and ditch Sam Janus.
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869
Registration date : 2008-07-20

View user profile http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Tues 29th July

Post by louastra on Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:22 pm

When she was holding on to that ladder, I was shouting at the tv, let go you selfish woman.
Already Billy has come unstuck. Was that the bank calling to say they couldn`t offer the loan, so he`s lying too Honey again.

Laughed when Shirley was blowing the balloon, while Ben mentioned about the lady who stayed with the pink bag.

Does that mean, we don`t see Tanya, Jack, and children for a while, now they gone to Barbados for their holiday?
louastra
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 622

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:43 pm

I was a bit puzzled at Ben's comment about Suzy's pink handbag. Boys that age don't usually notice things like that, unless it means Phil's fears are coming true. That would be a real turn up for the books but I'd suggest getting a new head for Ben cos I don't think Charlie could handle a storyline about adolescent turmoil/gay inclinations.

Absolutely loved the dinner for one and postcard on Max's doorstep. Totally served him right, Jack went to tell him and was left standing there when Max shut the door in his face. Brilliant scene. Laughing

And far from Abi continuing to resent Jack, she completely accepts him now. And she didn't even care enough about Max to nip over and say goodbye, as long as she was getting her visit to the ice rink that's all she cared about.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:52 pm

What house/flat was that door to? I cant remember hearing where Max was staying.

Both Jack and Tanya have done their best to keep the lines of communication open, its Max thats slamming the door (literally and figuratively), Tanya was even concerned about Max's feelings as they were leaving.
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Arien on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:31 am

If Tanya was that concerned with Max's feelings, she'd divorce him properly and legally before moving Jack in.

Arien

Number of posts : 36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:48 am

J'Adore wrote:If Tanya was that concerned with Max's feelings, she'd divorce him properly and legally before moving Jack in.

Like everyone else, I'm puzzled by this and see it as yet more plot driven nonsense. Tanya looks fed up every time Max says "you're still my wife" so why doesn't she do something about it? They could also put the kids on a legal basis with access agreed on, which would definitely be in Max's interests cos Tanya couldn't take them out of the country (like she's just done) without his permission. I think it's just to build more resentment, Jack knows she's still Max's wife and doesn't like it any more than Tanya does.

Tanya Branning would not have buried Max alive but she would have divorced him by now. This woman who looks like Tanya, I have no idea what's going on in her head.

But I do think Tanya has been fair to him lately, "are you sure Max is OK with it?" was the last thing she asked before they got into the taxi. And Jack gave him his place by going to him to tell him their plans, and got the door shut in his face. The Meal for One was something Max had suggested Jack have earlier, so being able to turn it around on him like that and make Max the one left on his own, I have no sympathy.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:59 am

I can only think that because she's lost the disc Tanya doesnt believe she can prove adultery. But in reality she only needs to prove unreasonable behaviour. The only reason I can think of is that she might end up financially worse off, because there's no house to split between them, the only real asset is the salon. If they divorced they'd either have to split that, or Max would be able to take a share of the profits. At the moment I would imagine Max is living on his wage and Tanya and the kids are living on the money from the salon. If Tanya had to share that money from the salon she would be much worse off, whereas Max would still have his wage and the extra money.
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:04 am

Surely whoever's got the kids would get the biggest share of the money? And I'm sure the salon is in Tanya's name, I can't see any court awarding support to Max when he's got a well paid job of his own. In fact, unless we're going to go through the whole custody fight again, I would imagine the kids will stay with Tanya and Max will pay child support.

I'm not sure about divorce laws either but I thought there was no real need to prove anything these days as long as both parties agree to divorce.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:14 am

I'm not 100% sure on whether the share of the business would be 50/50 or some other share, it could well be that they'd say the salon brings the same income as Max's job (which he never seems to go to these days) so its evens stevens, but I know with a house its 50/50. Children arent actually taken into account anymore when going through divorce proceedings (not financially anyway), since the introduction of the CSA all financial matters with regards to children go through them (even if it does that them almost 4 yrs to sort out Evil or Very Mad ).

Custody is also separate now to divorce, and custody agreements are made separately, but still via the courts if necessary.
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Arien on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:53 am

Whether she's worried about the assets or not, Tanya still needs to get a divorce if she's serious about Jack. She's going to be living with him. I don't find it logical that she could have no proof of Stax - the DVD had been burned from Lauren's computer, and then Tanya burned a copy. Conceivably, she could have burned more than one, and conceivably she could burn one now. I can't remember anyone saying that Lauren had deleted the original footage, but even if she had, Tanya wasn't the only one to see it. Stacey and Bradley both refused to testify, but what about Dot? She's still on Tanya's side in all this. Surely she would tell the Judge what she'd seen.

But, okay - take it that the evidence is gone, and so Tanya can't prove Max's guilt. In that case, it's even more important for her to do something about her marital status, because all Max has to do is show *his* solicitor proof that his wife has shacked up with his brother and is involved in a relationship with him. Then, legally, he could divorce *Tanya* for adultery, and since she called off the proceedings against him earlier in the year, there's nothing she could do about it.

I don't agree with her choice of boyfriend, but it's her choice. Fair enough. If she likes Jack, then she can be with Jack. But she can't do it while she's still married to Max. I find it quite unbelievable that she'd be willing to do that. In fact, the Tanya who was on this program last year would not be willing to do it. In my opinion, the Tanya of last year would not be with Jack under any circumstances, because she'd see him as Uncle Jack. Family always meant so much to her. I hate what they've done with her, I really hate it. She's so different now - she doesn't even dress the same. I miss the old Tanya.

Arien

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:19 pm

J'Adore wrote:I miss the old Tanya.
Ditto. But I dont agree about her not having a relationship until she's divorced. It can take years, and TBH its pretty common place now for people who are legally married to be in relationships with other people. Personally I think once two people separate the marriage is over and whilst not legally divorced they are morally divorced and should be able to continue with their lives. I dont agree that because one person can keep divorce proceedings going for 3,4,5 years or more, then the other person should live miserably for all those years, especially when it wasnt their fault in the first place.
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Arien on Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:07 pm

They are also not legally separated. I think it matters that the boyfriend is Max's brother when it comes to dating pre-divorce. Jack is legally still Tanya's family until she gets a divorce.

Arien

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:12 pm

Do people still have legal separations in this day and age? I know they used to generations ago, working class people who couldn't afford to divorce. But I definitely agree with Lou, once a couple have separated and are no longer living under the same roof then each is free to see whoever they want. I think it's hypocrisy to expect a grown man or a grown woman to avoid romantic encounters just because they haven't got a piece of paper to show the marriage is legally over. And it's ridiculous to say Tanya can't see other men after she's separated from Max, when Max was seeing other women while living with his wife.

As Lou says, divorces could be dragged out for years. Are you supposed to just put your life on hold? I don't think so.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arien on Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:43 pm

My parents have a legal separation rather than a divorce. They still exist. Like I said, Tanya and Jack are technically family as long as she's married to Max, and as I've already pointed out she could make a good case for his unfaithfulness even without the DVD by asking Dot to testify.

Arien

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:09 am

J'Adore wrote:My parents have a legal separation rather than a divorce. They still exist. Like I said, Tanya and Jack are technically family as long as she's married to Max, and as I've already pointed out she could make a good case for his unfaithfulness even without the DVD by asking Dot to testify.

There are loads of people she could ask to testify, everyone who saw the dvd could do it even if Stacey and Bradley wouldn't. Also, Tanya's own solicitor saw the dvd so she could get herself a new solicitor and use the old one as a witness if that's allowed. There's really no reason for Tanya not to have divorced Max by now and I wish the writers would just get their act together.

So legal separations still exist? I didn't know that. But I think, years ago, you had to get a legal separation first then a divorce, but now you just go straight to the divorce.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou on Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:12 pm

I think legal separations are still available for Catholics, obviously they're not allowed to divorce, but a legal separation means the finances are split etc.

Tanya wouldnt even need to prove adultery to get a divorce, most people dont bother now since the 'naming the other party' went out of the window years ago, they just divorce on unreasonable behaviour.

Again its just the writers being sloppy and not tying up the lose ends, like they did with Stella when we never found out what happened with her sister. They hope everyone will just forget.
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Arien on Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:38 pm

When the DVD was lost, Tanya's brief tried to get her to change her claim against Max to unreasonable behaviour, and Tanya wouldn't do it. She wanted it to be on record that Max had cheated on her or something, so she insisted that the hearing go ahead even though she didn't have any witnesses, sworn statements, or the DVD. She then proceeded to go mental in the court room, flinging herself over the table at Max and shouting at the Judge. Her head wasn't right during the hearing. I think she reckons that if she tries to get another hearing, it will go wrong for her again, and she will once again be the one who looks bad. To be blunt, she needs to get over it and get the divorce process started. If she really sees no future for the marriage, and wants to be with Jack instead of Max, then she needs to make herself legally available to be with Jack.

Arien

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo on Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:41 pm

I remember that courtroom scene, Tanya made a right fool of herself. Max just sat there gloating. Horrible man.
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top