Lets Talk UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mitchell Sisters

5 posters

Go down

Mitchell Sisters Empty Mitchell Sisters

Post by Admin Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:48 pm

Opinion was divided on R&R when they first arrived but I always liked them. Up until a few months ago anyway. Roxy started to annoy me round about the time she had her 30th birthday, she started to look pathetic to me and I could understand why Ronnie always felt the need to protect the child-woman her sister was. But now Ronnie's annoying me too. I completely sympathised with her in last week's eppies, the scenes with her horrible dad, but as far as Roxy is concerned, Ronnie's lost the plot.

She's positively creepy. She's like one of those awful meddling mums who have to be involved in every single aspect of their grown childrens lives. So now I find that the Mitchell sisters are no longer entertaining, they're just annoying. I can understand Roxy fighting against the control Ronnie seems to need but I can also understand Ronnie's attitude. Roxy can't even be trusted not to drink alcohol.

Roxy is the female equivalent of Garry Hobbs, always on the lookout for a quick jump and a good time. At least Garry has a bit of depth, we've seen that this side of him is really just on the surface. But Roxy's shallowness and selfishness seems to go right down to the bone.

Lou29

I've pretty much disliked them from the start. Roxy has grown on me a little, and out of the two she's the best by far. Ronnie is very creepy, when she said something along the lines of 'never leave me again' in Mondays episode it made me think of a child abuser talking to his/her victim. I know that sounds a bit dramatic but thats what came to mind.

And I cant believe it all stems from giving up her child for adoption, because she hardly seemed bothered when she found out the child shes supposedly pined after for years was dead.

And although I said Roxy was the best by far, she's a long way from good. As you say she's selfish and out for a good time, drinking during pregnancy is something that really winds me up because there's just no need for it Crying or Very sad

J'Adore

I think it's more to do with how Archie's always treated her. He wants to be in control of both his daughters. He won't accept Ronnie back into his graces unless she apologises. Either an apology for getting pregnant, or for getting a mind of her own, I'm not sure which. Archie complained about both in the same breath and seemed to link them to each other, so I think he probably wants an all round apology. Ronnie's need to control Roxy is not unlike this. I think Ronnie is more like Archie than she'd ever want to admit.

Lou29

J'Adore wrote:
I think Ronnie is more like Archie than she'd ever want to admit.

I think children are often more like their parents than they'd care to admit. Its like the boy who sees his father beating his mother, then grows up to be a wife beater himself Sad

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://forum.lets-talkuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Mitchell Sisters Empty Re: Mitchell Sisters

Post by louastra Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:53 pm

Agree with you there Lou, Paul is just like his Dad, even though I tell him often, he gets really uptight about it.
louastra
louastra
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 622

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:09 am

How have the Mitchell sisters come to this? There was a lot of potential with two feisty (but not necessarily gobby) women with a lot of interesting baggage but now that baggage is weighing them down so much it's painful to watch. Not to mention boring. Ronnie needs counselling, that's for sure.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by louastra Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:54 am

Of the baggage, thought that was the reason, they decided to get rid of her Damien the Ex they thought he was controlling etc, now Roxys got much worse.
louastra
louastra
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 622

Back to top Go down

Post by Arien Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:58 am

I like them both. Ronnie's got more reason than most characters to be guarded and cold, and Roxy's nothing if not entertaining.

Arien

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:34 am

I wouldnt mind Ronnie being guarded and cold, if Sam Janus could act guarded at cold, all she seems to be able to manage is expressionless.

But I dont think Ronnie is even managing guarded and cold so much as childish and selfish. She's like a toddler chucking its toys out of the pram in a 'wibble, wibble, I'm having to live my own life like every other adult does, I'm gonna scweam and scweam and scweam until I'm sthick stomps foot and flounces' manner, only not acted well enough to pull it off.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 5869

http://www.lcphotos.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Arien Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:40 am

But Sam Janus is a good actress. I've seen her in other things, playing all sorts of different characters, and she's good. She's playing Ronnie the way she's being directed to play Ronnie. Before Archieweek, I thought Ronnie was bland and uninteresting. Now, seeing the reason why she tries not to emotionally invest, seeing the way she behaves with Archie around and the way he psychologically manipulates her, I find her to be a much more sympathetic character. She's not someone who's had bad things happen to her and is using it as an excuse to be mopey all the time. She's someone who's afraid of being hurt again, who sees her father in all men, and who still gets treated awfully by her dad. A lot's been said about Max manipulating his kids' emotions - well, Max has got nothing on Archie.

Arien

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:48 am

I dunno I remember seeing her in Game On and eventually had to give up watching because she spilt it for me, but each to their own.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:25 am

After seeing the last couple of episodes I cant see where they're going with Ronnie.

She has no friends and none of her family seem to like her particularly. At least Roxy shows an interest in her family and is always looking out for Ben. She's not stable enough to form any sort of relationship with anyone, but she's not independent enough to live her own life, get her own place and find a job etc.

So unless she's going to become the mad cat lady sitting in one corner of the Vic, I cant see where she's going.
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by HiJo Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:37 pm

I thought Ronnie was showing some of her old sparkiness when she was telling Max where to go but now it looks like she's going to allow him to use her. So disappointing. There are no really strong women in EE right now.
HiJo
HiJo
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Number of posts : 3997

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:42 pm

In her own ditzy way I think Roxy is now the stronger of the two, she's making decisions about her own life for the first time. Whether it was a good decision or not she decided she wanted to marry Sean and made sure it went ahead, she actually managed to stand up to Ronnie and run her own life.

But as far as strong women go, as you say none are particularly strong Neutral
Lou
Lou
Wise Sage
Wise Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content